Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Mask - Compare to the P10?
RE: New Mask - Compare to the P10?
(02-25-2015, 10:22 PM)retired_guy Wrote: ...The ability to use a large nosie pillow on one side and an extra small on the other side might appeal to those that have two faces...

I am really glad you mentioned that. Asymmetric nostrils? When has anyone ever seen anyone with asymmetric nostrils, outside of American Horror Story?

If they are working such very fine points as that, I guess it means all the other mask issues have been long solved. I guess we'll see.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2015, 11:16 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Always good to have a guinea pig in the group. Looking forward to your review, and wondering how long it will take for you to exchange for a P10. Smile

Well, my P10's are as close as my closet. I doubt I'll want to stay with this new mask, but it might be an interesting comparison. We'll see.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2015, 08:06 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Daria, the diffuser should not in any way have anything to do with the puffiness of your eyes. Other than it perhaps hitting the pillow or sheets and blowing back at you.

The amount of air that blows into my eyes is more diffused. less like a cold jet stream. and yes, it makes a difference.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2015, 05:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The reviews on Supplier #1 are not very flattering.

For me the P10 was a game changer for its excellent unobtrusive exhaust diffuser. The only improvement they could make is offering alternative head gear so people that need more stability and adjustment can get it.

Go to Supplier #1, look up the mask, read the reviews. Looks like one guy really hated it and posted a 1 star review twice. Only 3 distinct reviewers. The hater appears to have thought it was noisy, one say that the large pillows were too small, one had trouble with assembling it and had some trouble getting it adjusted right, but likes it now.

Looks like it's not new. Somereviews are from 2012. Supplier #1 doesn't sell it any more. Maybe Probasics is giving up on it.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Arch, that is what I thought. I could not tell when the mask was released for sale. A noisy pillows mask suggests a crummy diffuser, so that review alone turned me off.

I could see trying this out IF the purchase includes a 30 day exchange guarantee. Otherwise, I have already found something I know works.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, you're right. It's not a new release so that's a little disappointing. Supplier 10's email was certainly misleading in that regard. Well, buyer beware. On the other hand for $79 measlies I think it's worth a look. The reviews don't bother me much --- there is only three of them and only one that thought it was truly yucky. Even the P10 has folks that don't think it's all that great (I know, hard to believe.... They'll come around in due time though.... Resistance is futile.)

In any case the mask is on it's way and then we shall see!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, the P10 isn't for everyone. I like the design but I have never been able to make it work for me. It would be nice if there was another similar option.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2015, 06:23 PM)AshSF Wrote: My view on this is:

P10 is perfection. Why mess with perfection.

I have seen a lot of masks in the sleep lab. Resmed is way ahead of everyone else in therapy interfaces design. Their materials and their design is way ahead.

Everyone should try a P10 before any other nasal interface. Resistance is futile. Smile

Agree 100%

I live in Sydney where Resmed HQ is and have been involved in their focus groups when they were developing the fx. At that stage they only had a stickytaped prototype but we were members of the Sleepvantage club and came from different ages and backgrounds.

We told them in person what we did like and what we hated about their masks and tried a few types on. Things like ease of changing pillows, venting issues and straps. I guess later they selected some to trial different variants at home.

As a result Resmeds masks blow the opposition away. So glad they finally solved the exhaust vent issue because I think the P10 is the bees knees.

And just quickly they relocated and adjusted several S9 features for the Airsense 10 because of customer feedback. Respironics have arrogantly stuck with their housebrick.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there evidence that Philips does not do focus groups?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2015, 09:41 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Is there evidence that Philips does not do focus groups?

I live in Murrysville, PA. All of their manufacturing is here. You'd never know.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how does p10 compare with p30i singergal67 6 641 09-03-2023, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Idea Let’s compare heart rate charts! YouTakeMyBreathAway 2 613 07-26-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  [Diagnosis] Low AHI and Headache: Compare Stats Request haikuclue 8 918 06-26-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Marillion
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,526 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,213 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,757 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airsense11 compare to Airsense10? Dolla Bill 4 989 01-28-2022, 06:02 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.