Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Large leaks over last few days
RE: Large leaks over last few days
any thoughts is appreciated , let me know if i can do anything to help provide more info
Post Reply Post Reply
does your resmed unit have a mask fit test feature? if so, it may be able to find those mysterious leaks for you.
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks alot for the idea. So what I noticed was if I keep my mouth shut it says good fit for few minutes. If I open my mouth it says bad fit. So I will assume device doesn't leak and despite me wearing a soft cervical collar and mouth tape, possibly I am still leaking air ? I guess it could be possible and given small leak intervals but high numbers that's why I don't notice it but notice the drooling. Not sure what to do now but will put more tapes , any idea is welcome too
Post Reply Post Reply
have your tried a chin strap? tape doesn’t work for me, but the chin strap does, if you try one, get one that is adjustable
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
What I'm seeing February 11, that long nearly flat elevated leak is a mouth leak pattern. Dry throat complaint is another indicator of a leak. Is it possible the tape is losing its ability to stick?

The more recent chart has some mask leak, some mouth leak trace patterns. Spikey stuff for mask leak, round ended flattened and elevated pattern for mouth leak.

As for the machine mask fit, I found it to be a lot less than useful. No actual data just a red or green grinning ghoul. If it gives you a red ghoul, it's completely void of any data why it said it's bad. Vice versa with a green passing grade. Also no data on what changes from red to green or green to red. OSCAR has the leak trace, the overview on the left, both of which are helpful in determining what your leak story pertains.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much Dave and Cberistain. Last night I went light bit over with taping 4 layers of tape and woke up with 0 leaks time and 14L highest leak reported. So you are righrvery likely tape lost its stickiness enough to leak air but not enough to fall off. Weird I didn't feel anything. I will look at leak trace, I thought it was included by default and report back! Thank you!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
The leak trace will be on OSCAR, the ResMed mask test won't.

And you're welcome.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 5 205 2 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Feel WORSE after getting Leaks under control - hopeless HarleyGirl63 3 89 4 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Lots of Large Leak Lately LazerStallion 0 42 8 hours ago
Last Post: LazerStallion
  Good cervical collar for large (20 inch) necks Fox66 2 73 04-21-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,242 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 149 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 148 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.