Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Mask Magic
New Mask Magic
Broke down and ordered a new mask. Had been having trouble with straps coming loose and adjusting the mask throughout the night. 
Last night it stayed in place perfectly. I asked the seller when the last time I had bought one, 9 months ago. Recommended to be replaced every 3 months. Did sleep better.  The older one seemed to be ok, other than the straps. BTW, the seller mentioned the replacement for the dream station well happen late 2022.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Mask Magic
That's nonsense. Masks and cushions (at least the silicone type) last almost for ever, and I get a year or so out of headgear. I wonder why your 'old' headgear stretched so much? Had you run out of adjustment?

Because I get irritated by the price of CPAP consumables, I once asked Mrs Wife to shorten the straps on an old set, which had stretched. That worked for a while, but because I think the material had been stretched beyond it's elastic limit, I only got another month or two out of it.

I know that some people have managed to restore the elasticity by boiling the headgear, but I have had no success with that.
Post Reply Post Reply
which mask did you buy?
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried several but always come back to the Resmed Quattro FX, which is a full face mask. It is sadly discontinued but, so far at least, I have managed to find supplies online. I find all the newer Resmed FF masks I tried use a simpler, less pliable silicone cushion, or 'memory foam'. I can't get a reliable seal with the former while the latter is said to deteriorate quickly, though I haven't tried one.

>EDIT<

While the Quattro FX works best for me in terms of sealing and comfort (or perhaps is the least worst) I would say that it is a relatively noisy mask. The other, newer, versions had quieter vents, which was nice.

Thanks for raising this. It prompted me to check my inventory and I was out of new headgear, so I just placed an order for one new cushion and three sets of straps. Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,209 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,755 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  The magic of Weighted Blanket S. Manz 5 828 12-11-2021, 10:44 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,832 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.