Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Mask Stats
New Mask Stats
Good Morning Everyone!

Last night was the first night with the Airfit P10 Nasal pillow mask. I was concerned about it staying in place but I needn't worry - it was fine. (I have hair slightly longer than shoulder length and clip it up at night - I think the hair clip helped it stay put).

I was also concerned about when the pressure increased because awake - at the fitting - when the therapist put it on 9 it was very difficult and I didn't believe that I could sleep through that but I slept through the whole night!

My only complaint is (right now anyway Smile) is the feeling of having something pressing on my nostrils. I guess I have to fiddle with the positioning more.

Last night's stats with the new mask - slept for 7.5 hrs
Pressure 7.5
Total AHI 0.2
OA 0.2
CA 0.0
Leak rate 0 - is that even possible??

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Mask Stats
(03-02-2015, 09:32 AM)Sparkle Wrote: Good Morning Everyone!

Last night was the first night with the Airfit P10 Nasal pillow mask. I was concerned about it staying in place but I needn't worry - it was fine. (I have hair slightly longer than shoulder length and clip it up at night - I think the hair clip helped it stay put).

I was also concerned about when the pressure increased because awake - at the fitting - when the therapist put it on 9 it was very difficult and I didn't believe that I could sleep through that but I slept through the whole night!

My only complaint is (right now anyway Smile) is the feeling of having something pressing on my nostrils. I guess I have to fiddle with the positioning more.

Last night's stats with the new mask - slept for 7.5 hrs
Pressure 7.5
Total AHI 0.2
OA 0.2
CA 0.0
Leak rate 0 - is that even possible??

Hi Sparkle,
Just wondering, what were your stats with the full face mask? We're they that much higher, or were you having more leaks?
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2015, 09:53 AM)OpalRose Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 09:32 AM)Sparkle Wrote: G

Hi Sparkle,
Just wondering, what were your stats with the full face mask? We're they that much higher, or were you having more leaks?
OpalRose

Hi Opal,

With the full face mask:
Average night's sleep ~ 8 hours
AHI 0.4
OI - 0.39
HI - 0.04

Leak rate 2.93
90% 7.20
% of time above leak rate threshold 1.15%

Avg pressure 6.58
Min 4.02
Max 14
90% - 8.92
Post Reply Post Reply
Great! You have good numbers. It seems it's harder to control leaks with full face masks.
I see your profile says starting pressure of 4. Sometimes, especially when using nasal pillows, you can feel like your not getting enough air at that low pressure.
If you do notice that, you could raise the minimum pressure to 5 or 6.
Sleep-well
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2015, 10:38 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Great! You have good numbers. It seems it's harder to control leaks with full face masks.
I see your profile says starting pressure of 4. Sometimes, especially when using nasal pillows, you can feel like your not getting enough air at that low pressure.
If you do notice that, you could raise the minimum pressure to 5 or 6.
Sleep-well
OpalRose

Thank you ~ I seemed to do ok. I might just try going to 5 to see how that feels.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sparkle,
Looks like you did GREAT on the first night of using the P10.
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job Sparkie... You're doing great!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2015, 11:52 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Good job Sparkie... You're doing great!

Thanks RG!
(03-02-2015, 11:34 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Sparkle,
Looks like you did GREAT on the first night of using the P10.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks Trish!
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the awesome numbers!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2015, 04:08 PM)truetopath Wrote: Congrats on the awesome numbers!

Thank you - I am grateful that this treatment is working well for me - feeling better each day - even went out dancing at 8pm on Saturday night after a full day that began with getting up at 7:30AM - appt at DME, salon appt, grocery shopping, Mass, making dinner. I was still there at last call and when the house lights came on. Wow! That hasn't happened in a long time!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 370 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 348 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,153 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 417 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,516 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  oscar stats-need help teamarliss 2 396 12-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: teamarliss
  Wisp stats mousetrap 6 3,555 09-08-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.