Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro Air
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: Unsure
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

New Mask Type?
I am new to sleep apnea. However, I am having a lot of difficulty with my full- face mask. I am a mouth breather so I must use a full-face mask. Unfortunately, I've tried, but I just can't do it. So I am in a real predicament. I don.'t know what to do. Now I recently received an email advertising a new face mask. It is called CPAP Rro. The bad news is that it is a nasal mask. So I am wondering if anyone knows about this mask? Is it useful for mouth breathers? I think I know the answers, but it never hurts to ask. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance....M
08-31-2013 11:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

RE: New Mask Type?
Hi MesaRey,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for suggestions.

trish6hundred
09-01-2013 12:34 PM
JJJ Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Most recent: Wisp, Pilairo, Mirage Vista
Humidifier: ResMed S9 Autoset
CPAP Pressure: 17-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(08-31-2013 11:43 PM)MesaRey Wrote:  I am new to sleep apnea. However, I am having a lot of difficulty with my full- face mask. I am a mouth breather so I must use a full-face mask. Unfortunately, I've tried, but I just can't do it. So I am in a real predicament. I don.'t know what to do. Now I recently received an email advertising a new face mask. It is called CPAP Rro. The bad news is that it is a nasal mask. So I am wondering if anyone knows about this mask? Is it useful for mouth breathers? I think I know the answers, but it never hurts to ask. I would appreciate any suggestions.

The CPAP Pro is an odd duck. If you're a mouth breather I wonder if you will be able to clamp down on it even. And even if you can, if your mouth remains open you're still going to leak all the air out your mouth.

However, I must correct one thing: You said "I am a mouth breather so I must use a full-face mask." Many mouth breathers use nasal or nasal pillow masks successfully along with a chin strap to hold the mouth shut. If you can successfully use a chin strap your mask choices become virtually unlimited.
09-01-2013 03:29 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

(08-31-2013 11:43 PM)MesaRey Wrote:  Now I recently received an email advertising a new face mask. It is called CPAP Rro.

Hi MesaRey, Welcome to the forum!

Do you mean the "CPAP PRO No Mask nasal interface"? Haven't tried that one. I think it has been on the market for several years (unless a new version of it has been introduced recently). A google search would bring up many reviews and U-Tube demonstrations.

Exactly which full face masks (FFM) have you already tried? (There are dozens and dozens.)

And exactly what problems are most troublesome for you?

For FFM, I've had the best success when wearing a ResMed Quattro FX and using RemZzz mask liners with it. The key thing is the straps on the standard headgear are very easy to overtighten or overloosen so make very small adjustments. Wearing a liner with it allows the straps to be a little looser, because the liner makes leaks softer and less annoying.

Second best FFM for me has been the ResMed Mirage Quattro and using ResMed Gecko gel pad to eliminate leaks around the eyes and protect against soreness on the bridge of my nose. The key thing to keep in mind with this mask is to keep trying to adjust the highth knob to put the minimum necessary pressure on the bridge of the nose. A gel pad is essential.

Third best has been the Philips Respironics FitLife Total Face Mask, especially when I occasionally need to give my nose bridge a complete rest for a week or two, but I will need to develop a homemade mask liner for it, to eliminate occasional highly annoying "mask farts" without needing to tighten down the straps so much. The key thing about this mask is to get headgear two sizes smaller than the mask (medium size headgear works well with XL size mask), because the standard headgear sizes which are especially made for this mask are stupidly huge to start with, and the material is stretchy also.

Take care, and don't give up!
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2013 03:57 PM by vsheline.)
09-01-2013 03:30 PM
MesaRey Offline

New Members

Machine: ResMed S9
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro Air
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: Unsure

Other Comments:

Thanks to all for your suggestion.
09-03-2013 01:15 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
bwexler Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PRS 1 BiPAP autoSV Advanced, with Heated Tube humidifier
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Sleepweaver √Član
Humidifier: Resperonics Heated Tube humidifier
CPAP Pressure: Max pressure 25.0 cm H20, Max
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncorePro

Other Comments: CMS 50i with Software for SpO2

I just discovered a new Full Face Mask.
The Sleep Weaver Anew Cloth mask, I ordered one today and hope to be trying it out by this weekend.
I ordered it from Supplier #1 after I talked to Circadience the manufacturer.
They explained it was new and they are ramping production, any orders placed today would have a 4 week lead time. They suggested I call Supplier #1 who had it in stock already.
I decided to pay for it myself and start the fight with my assigned DME for my first replacement which will hopefully be covered by my insurance.
09-03-2013 09:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Accuracy of Resmed AS10 vs Sleep Study Type IMSleeplessInSeattle 5 429 11-28-2016 12:11 AM
Last Post: sleepytimegal
Question CA's, Mask type, and leaks/vent Rcgop 10 363 11-15-2016 03:02 PM
Last Post: robysue
  Mask Type Setting on Dreamstation bernerbits 8 1,385 09-29-2016 08:01 AM
Last Post: bernerbits
  OSA and Type 1 Diabetes Greendog 11 462 07-21-2016 02:30 PM
Last Post: Greendog
  Sleepyhead interpretation & DreamStation Settings for Mask Type & Flex? Seajayh 6 958 05-27-2016 08:40 PM
Last Post: pupcamper
  [Equipment] Setting mask type on Resmed Airsense 10 SleepyTimes 11 1,387 05-12-2016 10:07 AM
Last Post: SleepyTimes
  AirFit P10 mask-is it a pillow or nasal type? old82 9 1,236 02-27-2016 07:05 PM
Last Post: old82