Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Mask Type?
New Mask Type?

I am new to sleep apnea. However, I am having a lot of difficulty with my full- face mask. I am a mouth breather so I must use a full-face mask. Unfortunately, I've tried, but I just can't do it. So I am in a real predicament. I don.'t know what to do. Now I recently received an email advertising a new face mask. It is called CPAP Rro. The bad news is that it is a nasal mask. So I am wondering if anyone knows about this mask? Is it useful for mouth breathers? I think I know the answers, but it never hurts to ask. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance....M
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Mask Type?
Hi MesaRey,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2013, 11:43 PM)MesaRey Wrote: I am new to sleep apnea. However, I am having a lot of difficulty with my full- face mask. I am a mouth breather so I must use a full-face mask. Unfortunately, I've tried, but I just can't do it. So I am in a real predicament. I don.'t know what to do. Now I recently received an email advertising a new face mask. It is called CPAP Rro. The bad news is that it is a nasal mask. So I am wondering if anyone knows about this mask? Is it useful for mouth breathers? I think I know the answers, but it never hurts to ask. I would appreciate any suggestions.

The CPAP Pro is an odd duck. If you're a mouth breather I wonder if you will be able to clamp down on it even. And even if you can, if your mouth remains open you're still going to leak all the air out your mouth.

However, I must correct one thing: You said "I am a mouth breather so I must use a full-face mask." Many mouth breathers use nasal or nasal pillow masks successfully along with a chin strap to hold the mouth shut. If you can successfully use a chin strap your mask choices become virtually unlimited.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2013, 11:43 PM)MesaRey Wrote: Now I recently received an email advertising a new face mask. It is called CPAP Rro.

Hi MesaRey, Welcome to the forum!

Do you mean the "CPAP PRO No Mask nasal interface"? Haven't tried that one. I think it has been on the market for several years (unless a new version of it has been introduced recently). A google search would bring up many reviews and U-Tube demonstrations.

Exactly which full face masks (FFM) have you already tried? (There are dozens and dozens.)

And exactly what problems are most troublesome for you?

For FFM, I've had the best success when wearing a ResMed Quattro FX and using RemZzz mask liners with it. The key thing is the straps on the standard headgear are very easy to overtighten or overloosen so make very small adjustments. Wearing a liner with it allows the straps to be a little looser, because the liner makes leaks softer and less annoying.

Second best FFM for me has been the ResMed Mirage Quattro and using ResMed Gecko gel pad to eliminate leaks around the eyes and protect against soreness on the bridge of my nose. The key thing to keep in mind with this mask is to keep trying to adjust the highth knob to put the minimum necessary pressure on the bridge of the nose. A gel pad is essential.

Third best has been the Philips Respironics FitLife Total Face Mask, especially when I occasionally need to give my nose bridge a complete rest for a week or two, but I will need to develop a homemade mask liner for it, to eliminate occasional highly annoying "mask farts" without needing to tighten down the straps so much. The key thing about this mask is to get headgear two sizes smaller than the mask (medium size headgear works well with XL size mask), because the standard headgear sizes which are especially made for this mask are stupidly huge to start with, and the material is stretchy also.

Take care, and don't give up!
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all for your suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just discovered a new Full Face Mask.
The Sleep Weaver Anew Cloth mask, I ordered one today and hope to be trying it out by this weekend.
I ordered it from Supplier #1 after I talked to Circadience the manufacturer.
They explained it was new and they are ramping production, any orders placed today would have a 4 week lead time. They suggested I call Supplier #1 who had it in stock already.
I decided to pay for it myself and start the fight with my assigned DME for my first replacement which will hopefully be covered by my insurance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 248 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 512 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Mask type in settings isn’t the mask I’m wearing 3k9BAO 1 415 11-15-2023, 11:31 PM
Last Post: eok361
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 8 16,070 11-13-2023, 10:14 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Treatment] Where can I get this type of Boil-and-bite Mandibular Advancement Splint / MAD? selfhelpdevice 1 308 11-13-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What type of leaks are these on OSCAR? meatwagon42 2 449 11-09-2023, 10:20 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
Question What type of mask should I select on my device? hejohoo 5 587 08-21-2023, 02:02 PM
Last Post: hejohoo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.