Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Masks
RE: New Masks
(10-04-2012, 05:54 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: (it's morning in OZ, and he's probably close to finishing his coffee and fried Kangaroo eggs or whatever they eat down under... Thinking-about
FYI... Kangaroos are marsupials don,t lay eggs [Image: 220px-Kangaroo_and_joey03.jpg]
we suppose to be talking about DME and new masks
can we go back to the topic please [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCfwFnMqnCK034JII_K1o...Nafzl_p0_w]

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the opinions. The DME has always been very supportive and willing to work with me. I will mention my concern the next time I get a new mask. I was wondering if the way this DME is conducting business is standard for DME suppliers. It just seemed strange that when I get replacement pillows, they grab them from the same jars they threw my extra's into. If these extra pillows are used as free samples for a customer to try another size I might be more understanding, but if you think about it why would I need a sample if they other sizes are already in the package. The pouch is sealed, and that is how it should be given to the customer. If the DME gives me any guff about my concerns, it will be time to get a new DME and report this one.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are purchasing a new item it should be a closed packaged item. Normally any open packaged items are sold at a discount. If you receive an item that has been opened you cannot guarantee it's original state and if there is a problem with the item then it gives the company an out if it comes down to legal procedings. If they are replacing them with two of the correct size then it should be up to you if you do the swap.
Would you let a car dealer remove the spare tire as it is a different size to the tires on the car? One of the guys that was in the class when I went back to school was using a full set of spares on his car, it was all that he could afford and for $15-20 he could have tires that would last him for an entire school year(and a blow out only cost him $5).
Post Reply Post Reply
for hygienic reason items sold as new have to be unopened and sealed in original packaging otherwise its not new (used items).
I suspect the first mask have bought was not new and maybe even used sample
some of those cpap sellers are no better than used car salesman ... one more shonky than the other
Post Reply Post Reply
I always get the three different-sized pillows with a new mask from my DME plus a supply of the size I use. I paid, and my insurance company was billed, when I bought my machine and then upgraded but haven't seen a single bill since then to either me or my insurance company. That was almost a year ago. They keep me supplied according to the medicare schedule. They often forget and I have to remind them when the 3 months has passed, and they also often forget and over-supply me. I'm not impressed with their behavior, but I can't really complain.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, this is quite common and no one in the medical mafia will consider it to be fraud.

In the future, you might want to say you want to receive an unopened factory sealed package. If they resist, act like you're germ paranoid. Prattle on about flesh eating bacteria and MRSA if they give you any resistance. Make them want to give you the package just to shut you up.

Don't expect to get extra cushions.

It wouldn't surprise me if the spares get sold to others, but it's also possible they give them for free to those who need them, or simply throw them away.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 345 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 220 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 412 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 496 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 423 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed masks with magnets and coronary stents stillaliveca 0 456 12-19-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: stillaliveca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.