Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New -Maybe too soon to ask for another study?
RE: New -Maybe too soon to ask for another study?
These results look pretty great. Well done on the adjustment from 20/15 to 17/12.

If you are able to sleep comfortably, it would be reasonable to stay put with the current settings until your six week follow up. My first thought was to try 16/12 as Sleeprider mentioned, but there is no rush.
-Amin
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
You were titrated to 20/15 PS 5 for a reason, I wouldn't be in a rush to reduce it without checking with the doctor first. You had o2 issues and that is what bpap can be used for. It can also used to increase tidal volume to reduce the respiration rate, this may have also been a part of your titration.

It does take a bit to get use to the pressure, You may be able to get some phone advice before your next appointment.

A CA of 1.5 and a OA/H of 1 is within normal numbers and well under the 5. You could use the auto function for OA/H
The machine won't make adjustments for o2 or RR, AFAIK that may need to be set with the min epap and min PS
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
ajack, No where is O2 mentioned as an issue. There is no problem reducing the pressure support to reduce CA events.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 216 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 73 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.