Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello all,

I am currently in my 8th year as a sleep apnea/CPAP user. I was using a Resmed S-8 machine from 2007 until just 2 weeks ago when I upgraded to a Autoset S-10. I was hesitant to do the upgrade as I felt that the old machine was doing its job.

My Sleep DR. noticed I had a lot of leakage and I should think about upgrading. I found out shortly after this visit (about 1 month ago), that the seal from the water chamber to the actual machine had a horrendous leak.

In any event, while researching the S-10, I stumbled onto this site, and today HERE I AM!!!

I'm just over 2 weeks on the new machine and anxious to learn all I can, and this seems like the place.

Thanks for having me,

Chuck
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Member
Welcome
Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the board, ginzo! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok Ginzo,
Your doc wont tell you, but you need to get
set up with SleepyHead software so you can start getting the most of that
great machine you had to cough up all that hard earned money for.

Then you can start posting the charts here and learn to interpret / tune you machine
to get the best possible performance out of it, tailored to your own dynamics.

How cool is that?

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the board. This is a great place!
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ginzo,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I hope you like your new machine and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome gonzo!
Listen to your new machine and you may find out that your old machine and it's settings were less than perfectly tuned for you. That's what happened to me after having an S8 for over 5 years.
The tools you will find here and the full data machine will do it for you.
I use both the ResScan data software and SleepyHead.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Welcome.

I don't know about your machine but mine only keeps the barest summary stuff over 30 days. So if I really want to be ably to compare and track whats happening I try to download weekly. That way when you turn up for review the doctor has more than just the last 4 weeks to base an evaluation on.

It also lets you track very nicely the impact of pepperoni over Hawaiian pizza.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all, I have been keeping a paper daily log for now until I get rolling with the software. I got my clinical download yesterday. I have read through it, but I need to study it more as it is a lot of info to digest at one time.

Here is where I'm at after 2+ weeks:

I have always used a fx nasal pillow medium. I opted for the P-10 to try the latest greatest. So far I have tried (and logged) the results on paper and on myAir both style headgear, med AND large pillows, and my results have been pretty consistent each night, except for the 1st night which was a disaster. Other than I don't get the "happy face", things seem to be going pretty well. When I have a few more minutes I will post the results "average" to get some feed back, and maybe by that time I will have the software up and running to dial in some adjustments that may make it even better.Grin

For the sad face, I'll assume that I may be mouth breathing some at night. It doesn't wake me so I'm not sure. Supplies coming on 8/17 so I will order the mouth strap thingy and see if that solves the problem. If not, then next I will try just the nose mask as I CAN NOT sleep with the full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 496 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,024 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,559 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 1,002 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 458 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 429 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.