Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RE: New Member
(08-07-2015, 03:48 PM)ginzo Wrote: I'm not quite 21 days in, and here is what I have so far:

Statistics
7/16/2015 - 8/5/2015 Device: AirSense 10 AutoSet

Leak - L/min Median: 18.6 95th Percentile: 69.0 Maximum: 91.2

Respiratory Indices - events/hr Apnea Index: 0.2 Hypopnea Index: 0.2 AHI: 0.4

Obstructive: 0.0 Central: 0.1 Unknown: 0.0 RERA Index: 0.0 % Time in CSR: 0.0

Total Usage
Used Days >= 4 hrs : 20 Used Days < 4 hrs : 0 % Used Days >= 4 hrs : 95
Days not used: 1 Total days: 21 Total hours used: 143:38
Median daily usage: 7:04 Average daily usage: 6:50

Now I have to figure out what it all means!!!Oh-jeez

(08-06-2015, 08:09 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Welcome to the forum. I also recently upgraded equipment since my original in 2008. The new stuff is pretty nice compared to the old, and I also used the Swift FX and changed to the P10 (resistance is futile). I had some success in reducing AHI events, with the Sleepyhead software, and even got to work on RERA which the old machines did not measure. I believe your newest model Airsense 10 Autoset does as well.

Good luck!

That is outstanding. Regardless of whether you understand the numbers, you don't need to do a thing. Let me break it down just a bit:
CA...you had perhaps 1 event. This was probably a non-event where you paused breathing long enough to record the CA. This is an open airway cessation of breathing of 10 seconds and is not treated by pressure, it's normal.

OA...your machine prevented all occurrences of obstructive apnea. You do not not need more pressure.

RERA...Your machine did not detect any incidence of respiratory event related arousals, which means you not only prevent OA, but your pressure is optimized to prevent any respiratory events that disrupt your sleep.

It simply doesn't get better that than that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sir!

Silly as it sounds that sad face bugs me to death. Gonna work on the leak issue. My Sister is visiting and is a respiratory therapist. She has a few suggestions to help me with that. She wants me to try a nasal mask. So on my next order, I'm going to get fitted for one and try it a month and see what happens. If no improvement, then back to a nasal pillow, which I love.

(08-08-2015, 09:24 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(08-07-2015, 03:48 PM)ginzo Wrote: I'm not quite 21 days in, and here is what I have so far:

Statistics
7/16/2015 - 8/5/2015 Device: AirSense 10 AutoSet

Leak - L/min Median: 18.6 95th Percentile: 69.0 Maximum: 91.2

Respiratory Indices - events/hr Apnea Index: 0.2 Hypopnea Index: 0.2 AHI: 0.4

Obstructive: 0.0 Central: 0.1 Unknown: 0.0 RERA Index: 0.0 % Time in CSR: 0.0

Total Usage
Used Days >= 4 hrs : 20 Used Days < 4 hrs : 0 % Used Days >= 4 hrs : 95
Days not used: 1 Total days: 21 Total hours used: 143:38
Median daily usage: 7:04 Average daily usage: 6:50

Now I have to figure out what it all means!!!Oh-jeez

(08-06-2015, 08:09 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Welcome to the forum. I also recently upgraded equipment since my original in 2008. The new stuff is pretty nice compared to the old, and I also used the Swift FX and changed to the P10 (resistance is futile). I had some success in reducing AHI events, with the Sleepyhead software, and even got to work on RERA which the old machines did not measure. I believe your newest model Airsense 10 Autoset does as well.

Good luck!

That is outstanding. Regardless of whether you understand the numbers, you don't need to do a thing. Let me break it down just a bit:
CA...you had perhaps 1 event. This was probably a non-event where you paused breathing long enough to record the CA. This is an open airway cessation of breathing of 10 seconds and is not treated by pressure, it's normal.

OA...your machine prevented all occurrences of obstructive apnea. You do not not need more pressure.

RERA...Your machine did not detect any incidence of respiratory event related arousals, which means you not only prevent OA, but your pressure is optimized to prevent any respiratory events that disrupt your sleep.

It simply doesn't get better that than that.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.
The data that have a direct influence on your therapy are event flags, flow rate, pressure, flow limitation, snore. Do not worry about the rest for now.

I am guessing that your leaks are mouth leaks or mouth breathing. In either case a good chin strap may help. My experience with chin straps is that it is not as hard to find the right one as it is a mask but it is close to that difficult.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep-well Welcome to the forum! I also have an S10 (just got it) and am beginning to understand how simple and complicated it is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks,

I slept better when I was ignorantHuhsign

Now I lose sleep worrying about this leak, but I'll get it!!!

That's why they put idiot lights on cars. Keep it simple stupid, people like it better that way..........

(08-09-2015, 12:14 PM)SleepSailor Wrote: Sleep-well Welcome to the forum! I also have an S10 (just got it) and am beginning to understand how simple and complicated it is.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2015, 06:55 PM)ginzo Wrote: Thanks,

That's why they put idiot lights on cars. Keep it simple stupid, people like it better that way..........

(08-09-2015, 12:14 PM)SleepSailor Wrote: Sleep-well Welcome to the forum! I also have an S10 (just got it) and am beginning to understand how simple and complicated it is.

I would just add "most" before "people".

QAL

ps. I see my data (my scores in the 4 to 10 events per hour range) and just say that it is what it is. So far, I have not been aggressive in trying to force those events down to minimum. I like the effects of my treatment, sleep well, wake rested. I do not think I have gotten below 1 (in 9 months), and seriously never saw a zero.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello all,

I'm new to this site and also the Apnea scene.

I have a ResMed S10 AutoSence which I believe is one of the best.

I'm trying 2 face masks, a Mirage FX and a Quatro fx. The Mirage (a nose mask) fits well without leaking but I sometimes do the mouth breathing. Will that get better in time?
The Quatro (a full mask) is giving me big problems with leaking? Any suggestions?
I have "sleepyHead" which appears to have lots of great information.
The ResMed "MyAir" seems to be a waste of time to look at! (hardly any information?) Your thoughts?
With my machine on "Auto Pressure" I'm averaging around 9 and having a max around 14.5. I feel I should have my minimum pressure set at around 8. It's at 5 now. The minimum should be set close to the average.......right? I left the max at 20.
Will much appreciate any words of wisdom you can pass on to me.
Thank youThanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Touche'

Well played, I stand corrected.Dielaughing

(08-10-2015, 02:16 PM)quiescence at last Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 06:55 PM)ginzo Wrote: Thanks,

I would just add "most" before "people".

QAL

ps. I see my data (my scores in the 4 to 10 events per hour range) and just say that it is what it is. So far, I have not been aggressive in trying to force those events down to minimum. I like the effects of my treatment, sleep well, wake rested. I do not think I have gotten below 1 (in 9 months), and seriously never saw a zero.

Post Reply Post Reply
welcome ginzo
and welcome gerald wagner. you should probably start a new thread so people notice Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!

It's off to the therapist tomm. to try a nasal mask (fitting), because my nasal pillow just doesn't fit my face anymore. (lost 70 lbs). I had been using a FX, switched to a P-10, sm. med. lge (tried all 3 sizes). I just cant get my numbers down with either.

My leak #'s are thru the roof. Trying my sisters Puriton Bennett breeze tonight. Last attempt at a nasal pillow.Thanks

(08-10-2015, 06:22 PM)DariaVader Wrote: welcome ginzo
and welcome gerald wagner. you should probably start a new thread so people notice Smile

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 200 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 535 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,097 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,619 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 1,070 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 495 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 459 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.