Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I am new to the world of Cpap machines. I have been shined on by the sleep doctor who wont return calls and when I do get in to see him, there is a long wait. When I do finally see him, I cant get the answers I need, so I'm going to start my own research. I also got tired of renting a machine, so I found a really nice Resmed Airsense 10 auto set on Craigslist. I have found this site to be really helpful at accessing the clinical settings and setting the pressures but is there a more indepth manual for every setting on the machine?

Thank you in adavance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Member
Welcome

Starting treatment can be a confusing and frustrating experience as we have both learned. I'm afraid there isn't a manual with more detail, but feel welcome to ask your questions on the board. Also you may find the Wiki helpful. Use the link at the top of the webpage.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only "in depth" manual I know of is the Clinicians Manual.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I may have misread 405's post. I thought he already had it.
Post Reply Post Reply
The members of this Board are the "more detailed manual".
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2017, 08:28 PM)sonicboom Wrote: The members of this Board are the "more detailed manual".

Amen

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
When I was looking for "wisdom" pertaining to Cpap machines, everything kept pointing toward you guys. I am on a body building forum and we had a discussion on Cpap machines and BOOM this board was mentioned. You guys are probably better known than you think you are.

When the sleep doctor measured my neck, naturally its bigger than it should be because I do shrugs, pull downs, pull ups, etc. I didn’t know that the diameter of your neck was relevant. I tested out at 87 apneas an hour. So I got a prescription for a Cpap and resmed nasal pillows.

I was doing okay but I had a collapsed disc taken out of my neck and a bone graft from my hip put back in, then it was fused with metal. They did the surgery from the front so they pushed the windpipe over and things got a little swollen in there. I couldn’t exhale through the nose pillows because there was some part of my sinus stopping me from exhaling through my nose. Now I am using the resmed full facemask and shaving a lot, lol. As soon as I get caught back up financially I am going to try those nasal pillows again.

I found enough youtube videos to figure out what the settings mean and I think I have them set right. I have the app on my phone and should be able to see how I react tonight to this Cpap that I purchased off of craigslist for $250. I think it had around 583 hours, IIRC. I pushed "erase Data" then I got worried that maybe I just formatted it and wouldn’t be able to program it, Whew! Thankfully, it just erased the SD card that the previous owner left in it.

I'm looking forward to learning from you guys and promise to bring a positive attitude. I stay extremely busy so I will probably be on hit and miss as soon as I get back to work but I will be in picking your brain if you don’t mind.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I've always thought that the diameter of the neck being relevant was directly related to obesity and the accumulation of fat in the neck. I'd be surprised if muscle from body building would cause sleep apnea, but I am not an expert on anatomy.

The neck surgery came after the apnea diagnosis? In which case you may just have a naturally small airway.

You got a heckuva deal on that machine! Good one! Eventually you will probably want to download SleepyHead (link at top of page) to look at some more detailed information. But the phone app will get you started.

Welcome!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi 405.
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You have a great attitude which will go a long way in helping with your therapy.
I wish you good luck on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I still cant believe you guys volunteer on here and help like you do. I am recovering from a surgery that took me down financially. When I get on my feet, I will have no problem doanting to this forum.

I hope I have followed all the instructions accordingly, even reducing the screen size to a 640 X 480.

Also this is just my 3rd post

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 487 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 996 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,531 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 970 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 448 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 420 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver
  New Member Newly Diagnosed Help With Interpreting lauradeaton 0 374 06-04-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: lauradeaton

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.