Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why did I give $100 to the Sleep Apnea Association for the CPAP Assistance Program???
Why did I give $100 to the Sleep Apnea Association for the CPAP Assistance Program???
I need a machine really badly and I don't have much money someone suggested I give the CPAP Assistance Program a try .. this program is supposedly sponsored by the American Association of Sleep Apnea. In faith I gave them $100 which is the donation they claimed they needed to help make the program run, but I never heard back from them. It's been over a week.

They required three things:

1.) To reply back to an email they send you (they never sent me anything to reply to)

2.) Make the $100 donation fee

3.) Hand over your prescription info.. which I scanned in two different documents

I have not heard back from them, I think I will email them again but I really don't think it's going to do anything if they never replied the first time :-(

I kind of feel like I was scammed. And my sleep apnea and symptoms are still really bad with no real date on when I can get a new machine since my insurance is holding everything up :-(

BTW, I might be having some kind of stroke.. like the mini strokes or something. Just gotta get to my neurologist so I can plead for an MRI or something of my brain.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why did I give $100 to the Sleep Apnea Association for the CPAP Assistance Program???
If you made the donation via credit card you can dispute the charge if you do not get a response from them.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why did I give $100 to the Sleep Apnea Association for the CPAP Assistance Program???
I'll be surprised if it was a scam, I would think that the office procedures are a bit off. I would send them another email
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
With the cost of a new auto CPAP Dreamstation DSX500T11 on Amazon at $340, why would anyone look elsewhere? A brand new machine with humidifier and heated hose that will last you the next 5-9 years. I hope you recover your money, or receive a machine. Please keep us posted regarding your experience so we can warn or advise future members regarding that organization. I'm sorry to hear about your experience so far.

You may want to contact Supplier #2 and ask them if that organization is legitimate. Supplier #2 sells low-hour used CPAPs at a decent price.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you fill out the required Application Form, and submit it with your script by fax?

In another thread you started, you said you were unable to get a copy of your perscription. That is most likely where the holdup is.

There is an 800# on their web site you can call. Find out what they need from you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,136 Yesterday, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 4 264 04-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 228 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] new AirCurve 10 does not give enough humidity FHTC 8 137 04-09-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 124 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Need help with RERAs in sleep apnea shedu1337 8 292 04-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  Heart Failure with Sleep Apnea kwhenrykerr 2 205 04-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.