Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RE: New Member
As long as you don't get stuck in a traffic jam with all that gear on...then it gets might powerful warm! I know that from experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
As I learned more about my care I started to change my machine settings. With early improvements to my health I gained the "I know what I am doing" idea. A few bad results later I am less eager to quickly make a change. I search for answers from others post on this form. My settings have very few changes now. It has taken several years of adjustments to get to this point. My sleep doctor and primary care doctor have been supportive with my changes.

The lung doctor at first was not happy at all. He has come around to be very supportive. Having started with him on our first visit and telling him that I would use the oxygen to help keep one of my lungs inflated by raising the pressure and blowing it up when I could not take in enough air. He did not approve of that and has been a lot of help it has been a learning curve for both of us.

I credit cpap for a lot of improvement. Without this forums help the outcome could have been not as good.

CPAP like    APNEABOARD.COM COMMUNTY   Thanks 

Sorry to sound like a broken record but I have my life back.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, still haven't gotten the sleep study results the assistant said she mailed to me, but I FINALLY got a call from the DME supplier.

Looks like the Doc is taking good care of me. He prescribed a Resmed Airsense S10 machine, which I believe is supposed to be a good one, and one that can work with the Sleepyhead software.

Picking it up Tuesday morning. I can't WAIT!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2017, 08:11 AM)Crustycabs Wrote: Well, still haven't gotten the sleep study results the assistant said she mailed to me, but I FINALLY got a call from the DME supplier.

Looks like the Doc is taking good care of me. He prescribed a Resmed Airsense S10 machine, which I believe is supposed to be a good one, and one that can work with the Sleepyhead software.

Being issued a Resmed Airsense 10 means nothing, without knowing the model; CPAP, Elite, Autoset.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just have to share my first night using airsense 10 auto set and airfit N20 mask.  No problems at all.  Got a 96 ResMed score and feeling good.  Hope this continues.

I received a lot of information from this forum

Thanks  To all
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2017, 08:21 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(05-26-2017, 08:11 AM)Crustycabs Wrote: Well, still haven't gotten the sleep study results the assistant said she mailed to me, but I FINALLY got a call from the DME supplier.

Being issued a Resmed Airsense 10 means nothing, without knowing the model; CPAP, Elite, Autoset.

You want the Autoset, call them back and tell them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got my machine (Autoset) and have used it for two nights now. At first they wanted to give me a nasal mask, but I told them my nose clogs up almost uimmediately when I lie down, so I got a full face mask.

First night I forgot to change the (pre-configured) mask setting on the machine, and it didn't behave well, and the mask wasn't tight enough . STILL felt the most rested I have in years after that night

Last night it behaved much better.

How do you interface the Sleepyhead software with this unit? SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello

Welcome to this fabulous forum with all its experienced and helpful members who will take you through fine tuning your PAP needs like they have done for me and countless others that I have tracked the last 2 months.

If an SD card did not come with the machine, get one and put it into the machine-left side of the Resmed APAP. Sleepyhead is easy to install and with this, you will get in-depth knowledge of your nights sleep. It took me some time finally get to the data as I initially did not have SD card reader, etc etc.....

Wishing the best in your journey to getting the sleep you deserve.......

Apnea Infant
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Crustycabs, Glad to have ya. My first night with the Resmed AirSence Auto, felt like heaven. I slept 9 hrs without moving once. The DME had the pressure set low per my Dr. I really think most of that night was in my head, but it worked for that night. After a couple of nights I was having trouble. After many calls to the Dr. and DME with no response, I started looking for help on my own. I found a magical place called APNEA BOARD. I followed the yellow brick road and found the land of SNOOOOZE. Needless to say after my 2nd study he changed me to a bipap, The Resmed AirCurve Vauto. Right from the start with my new great machine I was having bad problems. I was afraid to change anything, in fear of non compliance. Again no response from the Dr. or DME.( I think there flying monkey's where just waiting to fly down and take my wallet) So once again I followed the yellow brick road, and again the land of SNOOOOOZE.
I know that story sounds silly, but it's true ( leaving out the yellow brick rd. and flying monkey's). What I found here is priceless, and continues to be priceless. Set up Sleepyhead and Imgur, post some stats. I get better advise here then from my Dr. or DME. There are a few Dr's and DME's that really care. I just haven't found one yet.
"I say, you work eight hours, and you sleep eight hours - be sure they're not the same eight hours."

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 197 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 524 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,079 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,606 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 1,057 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 487 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 453 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.