Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hi. I'm Lukie and I've been diagnosed with mild sleep apnea but have pretty severe symptoms. So I will be getting a ResMed S9 auto set and a ResMed full face mask.
I had to really fight for it because everyone uses Respironics up here.
I have looked at several forums but this one seems to have a lot of old timers who know what works and are patient advocates.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Member
We see CPAPs as not just treatment, but monitors of that treatment. Can you imagine if diabetics were given medication and told to not bother ever testing their blood sugar again? Or to test it but it was the number of tests the doctors were insisting on, not the results of those tests?

There's not much difference between the Phillips-Respironics System One (PRS1) Auto and the ResMed S9 Autoset. Mostly it is what's displayed on the screen. How much data each holds and for how long. Things like that.

Welcome to ApneaBoard!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lukie,
What Paula said.
It's GREAT to hear that you won the fight and got the machine you wanted.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy and WELCOME.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2013, 08:31 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: We see CPAPs as not just treatment, but monitors of that treatment. Can you imagine if diabetics were given medication and told to not bother ever testing their blood sugar again? Or to test it but it was the number of tests the doctors were insisting on, not the results of those tests?

There's not much difference between the Phillips-Respironics System One (PRS1) Auto and the ResMed S9 Autoset. Mostly it is what's displayed on the screen. How much data each holds and for how long. Things like that.

Welcome to ApneaBoard!

Thanks, I liked the fact that the s9 auto set can tell the difference between a central and an obstructive and deliver appropriate pressure. I like the automatic climate control and also the fact that they don't break down as easily according to the Doc who actually was pushing Phillips. I like the data system as well. I guess it's like Mac and PCs. ResMed being the Mac.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Lukie, remember the mask is the most important part, when you get yours ease update your profile and as any questions, if your getting a FFM I just got a Resmed Quattro Air and so far so good, keep us updated on your progress and good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2013, 08:53 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Welcome Lukie, remember the mask is the most important part, when you get yours ease update your profile and as any questions, if your getting a FFM I just got a Resmed Quattro Air and so far so good, keep us updated on your progress and good luck

I am thinking of a ResMed full face quatro. What's the diff between the air and Fx?

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2013, 09:11 PM)Lukie Wrote:
(11-18-2013, 08:53 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Welcome Lukie, remember the mask is the most important part, when you get yours ease update your profile and as any questions, if your getting a FFM I just got a Resmed Quattro Air and so far so good, keep us updated on your progress and good luck

I am thinking of a ResMed full face quatro. What's the diff between the air and Fx?

Also the Mirage Quattro looks good for jaw drop.
Post Reply Post Reply
You only need a FFM if your mouth falls open when you sleep. Even then, try a chin strap first. FFM are hard to get used to and are subject to lots of leaks.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a mouth breather often when sinuses act up. I mouth breathed during sleep study so my doc ordered ff mask. The s9 auto advised full face for best results so I will try it. I will check out others as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lukie, the FX is smaller than the Mirage Quattro and doesn't have the head rest, I used to use the Mirage Quattro but could never fully get rid of leaks. Even though the Quattro Air has a head rest for stabilizing, it is about the same size as the FX. You are best to try all 3 on if possible and some other brands and see which one fits your facial features best, remember you may need to change a few times till you get it right. Two suggestions for newbies with FFM , use mask liners, you can buy them over the net or I can give you the instructions on how to make them. Depending on which country you live in, some insurance companies cover you for them. Also have the hose coming from above your head either over a bed head or you can buy a product called a hose lift, it save you getting tangled and pulls the mask up rather than down.
If you are a mouth breather you will need a FFM they take a bit of getting used to but have there advantages like when you have a cold.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 496 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,024 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,558 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 999 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 456 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 429 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.