Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member - First Few Nights Check In
New Member - First Few Nights Check In
Hi all! First off thank you all for advice given to others throughout the forum. I was able to learn a lot before getting my machine by browsing this forum. I have completed 4 nights and want to post up my most recent 2 to see if everything looks correct to you all. I feel pretty good but I was in such bad shape it isn't too surprising. I received 2 masks from my DME and Tried the ResMed for 2 nights and now the DreamWisp for 2 nights. I think the DreamWisp is my preference. My AHI from the sleep study was 76 and every night on the machine has been under 2. 

Please let me know if my OSCAR data shows anything that could be improved but so far I am pretty happy minus the normal getting used to the mask. Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Member - First Few Nights Check In
G'day Jawn. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Your charts look very good on the whole: apneas and hypopneas are nice and low and leaks are reasonably well controlled. There is a fairly persistent flow limitation which could be disturbing your sleep, perhaps without you knowing. To address that I'd suggest increasing your minimum pressure from 5 to 8 and also increase your EPR to 3. That should reduce the flow limitations and give you more refreshing sleep. However there is potential to increase central apneas, so keep a watch on those.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum

I would change EPR=3
Min pressure should never be lower than 4+EPR
This means min Pressure = 7 but no problem with the 8 mentioned above.

Also turn your ramp off. You should not need it at the pressures you are seeing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both for the advice. I will try this out tonight Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I made the recommended changes and attached the single night of results. I am not sure I noticed any real difference but I am still feeling good and no major complaints. Thanks again for the help! 

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 139 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 92 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  How can I check if my ClimateAir actually heats up? NoddingHacker 1 174 02-06-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 453 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 499 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.