Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member (Hello and Help!)
RE: New Member (Hello and Help!)
My apologies,
Let me rephrase, In about 5 years, when it's time to replace your VAuto, it would not be surprising for your DME, doctor, or insurance to question the necessity of a BiLevel based on your settings.

FYI your APAP settings would be
EPR= 3, Fulltime
Min Pressure = 9
Max Pressure = 20
to match your VAuto.
The Min Pressure need to be 9 because of the different way EPR is applied as compared to PS on a BiLevel.

I too can easily handle a PS of 3 on my VAuto, but I too feel more comfortable at the higher PS, besides my numbers are very good, at least until someone wants to see how I do without a machine ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Member (Hello and Help!)
(09-02-2019, 03:38 PM)bonjour Wrote: My apologies,
Let me rephrase, In about 5 years, when it's time to replace your VAuto, it would not be surprising for your DME, doctor, or insurance to question the necessity of a BiLevel based on your settings.  

FYI your APAP settings would be
EPR= 3, Fulltime
Min Pressure = 9
Max Pressure = 20
to match your VAuto.
The Min Pressure need to be 9 because of the different way EPR is applied as compared to PS on a BiLevel.

I too can easily handle a PS of 3 on my VAuto, but I too feel more comfortable at the higher PS, besides my numbers are very good,  at least until someone wants to see how I do without a machine ;-)

Ahh, OK. Got it. I'm going to see what 4 does, but I've heard the lower you can go, the better with PS. Thanks for your input and feedback. It's very helpful and appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 495 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,023 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,558 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 998 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 456 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 429 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.