Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member - Help on Oscar Data
New Member - Help on Oscar Data
First of all thanks for having this forum, I would have been lost on what to do without it. I have recently thought about going to get another sleep study. I had one completed about 8 years ago and never went back. I used my original CPAP (forgot which model that was) when I got my study done. I used it for about a year and I gave up on it. Two years ago I decided to get back on it (new CPAP DreamStation that my sister gave me) and I matched the same settings (8 pressure) that was on my original machine. It has helped tremendously, but I'm concerned that I might need to go back and get a new study. Can you please check out my results from OSCAR, to see if its been helping correctly for me?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Member - Help on Oscar Data
Hi alfredog1984 - Welcome

Since you have a very nice auto CPAP, why not put it in the automatic mode? You might use your current pressure of 8cm as the lower limit and try 10-12cm as your upper limit. If you don't need it, it won't use it. This will show you if further tweaks are required. The reason in keeping the pressure range narrow is because a big pressure swing may cause sleep arousal. You can always go higher or lower.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day alfredog1984. Welcome to Apnea Board.

I agree with Crimson Nape that changing to auto mode might eliminate the hypopneas and snores that are recorded. Overall, however, this is a pretty good set of numbers - I don't see anything to suggest a new sleep study is needed, unless you have other conditions (specifically heart / lungs) which are causing you concern.
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate both of you for taking the time to respond and provided recommendations. I have updated to automatic mode as Crimson Nape has suggested. I kept the 8cm as my lower and for now I will try 10cm for my upper limit. I'll give it a few day and take a look at the data. I have actually seen an increase in energy and my blood pressure become better after continuous use of my CPAP.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to congratulate you on returning to therapy for your apnea. It’s great you’re feeling better, and of course you’re doing wonders for your long term health. Once you’ve tweaked your settings, I wouldn’t be surprised if you feel better still.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 51 9 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 66 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 145 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.