Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I feel horrible. My doctor won't raise the pressure, why would she lower it?
RE: I feel horrible. My doctor won't raise the pressure, why would she lower it?
When I had my sleep study the tech started at a pressure of 5cm. He said he'd never seen anyone with OSA respond to less than 7cm. I know it's anecdotal, but I agree with others that you need to go back and get a better machine that will give you useful data.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I feel horrible. My doctor won't raise the pressure, why would she lower it?
(05-19-2015, 11:17 AM)retired_guy Wrote: The factory idea of a good time is 4, which is too low.

OMG, that's one of the funniest things I've ever read on this board.

Post Reply Post Reply
A key element of humor is truth. He's right; 4 is probably too low for just about anyone. And Imoretti's anecdote supports this.

But it also makes sense to build the APAP with a range just below and just above what works clinically, so 4-20 as a possible operational range makes perfect sense. But 4-20 as a therapeutic range doesn't make much sense for most users, which is why that can be, and usually will be, tightened up.

I heard RG is getting the CBS Letterman slot
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 172 8 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 84 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,713 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,805 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 827 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,011 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.