trailrider Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: A10 Autoset for Her
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Eson or P10
Humidifier: autoset
CPAP Pressure: 6-12 DME, 7-13 me
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: engineer. EPR at 3, unheated hose, humidity at 2. Routine hose entanglement.

Sex: Female

RE: New Member Here
Hey Parker, if the pillows hurt your nose, they are probably too small. Move up a size. The P10 men's has L,M,S, and the ladies' has M,S,XS size pillows. The straps are identical size; the only difference is the colour (grey/pink vs grey/blue).
05-14-2015 10:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
wxmcpo Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: Heated (attached to machine)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Looking forward to a good night's sleep

Sex: Male

Hello from a fellow newbie. My wife also told me I had it for years as well as some friends who would tell me that at times during the night I would stop breathing and they weren't sure if I would start breathing again. I denied it for many years until I finally got my study done and was told I had severe sleep apnea and was put in BiPAP. Still getting used to my machine though after almost a months use.
05-15-2015 01:14 AM
AlanE Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

(05-14-2015 08:02 PM)DariaVader Wrote:  its the version that came out after slappyhead Bigwink

Ah. I'm still on slappyhead 0.4beta Too-happy-2

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
05-15-2015 05:59 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
OpalRose Offline

Monitors

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto 560 with A Flex
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 For Her
Humidifier: REMStar heated humidifier with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto Cpap 10-13 AFLEX 1
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Started CPAP Therapy October 23, 2014

[quote='parkerdt' pid='113399' dateline='1431649729']
Yes. 8 was the lowest pressure during my titration that I was able to maintain 0 events. They want me to do that for 90 days, and then review the data to set new upper/lower limits. I suppose this makes sense, but isn't an auto machine supposed to do this all for you?

Thanks all for the replies and welcomes!

parkerdt,
The only way your doctor can determine upper/lower limits is to have your machine set on Auto with a pressure range of 8 to 20 (just an example).
Then he or she could look at the data to see your average pressure or where your pressure is for 95% of the time.

Concerning nasal pillows, you could try some lanolin cream or a nasal gel. A lot of us here use those products with the nasal pillows and it helps to seal well and feel better too.
Good luck! Smile

OpalRose
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 07:52 AM by OpalRose.)
05-15-2015 07:51 AM
parkerdt Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: WISP, Nuance
Humidifier: Climate Hose and included humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 9

Other Comments: I alternate between WISP and fabric Nuance - like both!

(05-14-2015 10:23 PM)trailrider Wrote:  Hey Parker, if the pillows hurt your nose, they are probably too small. Move up a size. The P10 men's has L,M,S, and the ladies' has M,S,XS size pillows. The straps are identical size; the only difference is the colour (grey/pink vs grey/blue).

Thanks, I'm using the Medium (largest in the kit I have), I'll see about ordering a Large to try. it is the bottom of my nose, the area of skin between my nostrils that gets incredibly sore.

Dave
05-15-2015 04:57 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
parkerdt Offline

Advisory Members

Finally got my machine today - as expected, ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset. Set in CPAP mode to 8 pressure for compliance study. Got the heated auto climate hose, the included humidifier, etc. all the goodies but the Hypoallergenic filter.

Per suggestions, got a size LARGE pillow for my ResMed P10. Wow - on a quick trial what a difference! Also got a Respironics Wisp nose mask, so I have 2 to try. Couldn't get a ResMed N10 to seal at all, and the air blowing in my eyes was annoying. The Wisp seems OK, but I am going to try the P10 with the large size pillows first.

Have the software and manuals thanks to this board, and anxious to get this problem fixed. Thanks all for the help, so far.

Dave
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2015 07:01 PM by parkerdt.)
05-22-2015 07:00 PM
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

We're waiting with baited breath to hear how you come out Dave. In the AM, come back with your actual numbers if you can OA's vs CA's --- that sort of stuff. I would wish you good luck, but I don't need to. You're got a great attitude so you're bound to be successful.
05-22-2015 07:04 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(05-14-2015 07:28 PM)parkerdt Wrote:  Yes. 8 was the lowest pressure during my titration that I was able to maintain 0 events. They want me to do that for 90 days, and then review the data to set new upper/lower limits. I suppose this makes sense, but isn't an auto machine supposed to do this all for you?

Thanks all for the replies and welcomes!

(05-14-2015 07:22 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote:  I'm new too, waiting for my titration and to see the doc in early June. I found out today my dentist has a cpap (he said it took him about a week to get used to it).

Did the doc explain why he was starting you on straight pressure and not the auto? I'm just wondering what the thinking is.

well, they can review the data all they want to in 90 days and it will show some things like flow limitation etc. but it won't show them what the top number should be. Seems to me it would be smart(er) to trial 30, 60 or 90 days on auto so they can see pressure needs to help determine the upper number. I don't know how they will retrieve your data but after 6 or 7 days, some data won't be available any longer (at least with the S9) but that may be different on your machine since it has a modem. Others that have your machine can help answer that question
05-22-2015 08:07 PM
trailrider Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: A10 Autoset for Her
Mask Make & Model: Eson or P10
Humidifier: autoset
CPAP Pressure: 6-12 DME, 7-13 me

Other Comments: engineer. EPR at 3, unheated hose, humidity at 2. Routine hose entanglement.

(05-22-2015 07:04 PM)retired_guy Wrote:  We're waiting with baited breath to hear how you come out Dave. In the AM, come back with your actual numbers if you can OA's vs CA's --- that sort of stuff. I would wish you good luck, but I don't need to. You're got a great attitude so you're bound to be successful.

I really hope you mean bated breath R-G! Mrs R_G would probably have a thing or two to say otherwise!
05-22-2015 09:38 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
parkerdt Offline

Advisory Members

OK, so - not sure what numbers you all would like to see, and the data is somewhat contaminated by playing with the two masks and the new machine (lots of on/off events); But:

I got 4.8 hours before removing the mask night 1. AHI 4.8

Several hours later I put it back on, for a total of 5.4 first night. Second session was less successful; overall number for the night went to 7.6 AHI. It did not feel like I had a good seal, and
in fact, sleepyhead admonished me for leaks.

Up a few times, playing with humidity and temp, and the good news is the P10 with Large pillows is WAY more comfy than the mediums at my sleep study. Night and day! The A10 machine seems better, too - quiet and a lot more comfy with warm wet air.

Still I'd have to call the first night a success. Even my dog didn't attack the mask. Smile

Going to try the same setup tonight and see what is what. Nose is a tad sore and swollen, but tolerable at this point.

My wife did notice some open mouth events - the noise is a giveaway. Did not have this issue at my study.

As I say, to me, it seems good for night one. ResMed had my data online by the time I finished breakfast, as well.

My morning blood sugar was nicely down - averaging 127 and this AM 110. That's huge. Taychcardia also much less. - had some intervals of low 80s resting heart rate. All good numbers.

thanks,
Dave
05-23-2015 07:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Member Zippo 5 127 Today 11:09 PM
Last Post: Capt.Redbeard
  New member having difficulty Slim1950 44 1,816 12-06-2016 03:44 PM
Last Post: Slim1950
  New member with questions. Junior7734 10 460 12-02-2016 09:35 PM
Last Post: Junior7734
  New member from Oz Qasaya 12 462 12-01-2016 10:39 AM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  New Member, new to PAP Capt.Redbeard 7 276 11-27-2016 04:39 PM
Last Post: chill
  Not so new member having mask leak issues erikk 9 371 11-26-2016 02:15 PM
Last Post: erikk
  New Member. This board has already made my life better! Russatrice 9 334 11-26-2016 01:24 PM
Last Post: OpalRose