Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member Here
RE: New Member Here
Hey Parker, if the pillows hurt your nose, they are probably too small. Move up a size. The P10 men's has L,M,S, and the ladies' has M,S,XS size pillows. The straps are identical size; the only difference is the colour (grey/pink vs grey/blue).
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello from a fellow newbie. My wife also told me I had it for years as well as some friends who would tell me that at times during the night I would stop breathing and they weren't sure if I would start breathing again. I denied it for many years until I finally got my study done and was told I had severe sleep apnea and was put in BiPAP. Still getting used to my machine though after almost a months use.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 08:02 PM)DariaVader Wrote: its the version that came out after slappyhead Bigwink

Ah. I'm still on slappyhead 0.4beta Too-happy-2
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='parkerdt' pid='113399' dateline='1431649729']
Yes. 8 was the lowest pressure during my titration that I was able to maintain 0 events. They want me to do that for 90 days, and then review the data to set new upper/lower limits. I suppose this makes sense, but isn't an auto machine supposed to do this all for you?

Thanks all for the replies and welcomes!

parkerdt,
The only way your doctor can determine upper/lower limits is to have your machine set on Auto with a pressure range of 8 to 20 (just an example).
Then he or she could look at the data to see your average pressure or where your pressure is for 95% of the time.

Concerning nasal pillows, you could try some lanolin cream or a nasal gel. A lot of us here use those products with the nasal pillows and it helps to seal well and feel better too.
Good luck! Smile

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 10:23 PM)trailrider Wrote: Hey Parker, if the pillows hurt your nose, they are probably too small. Move up a size. The P10 men's has L,M,S, and the ladies' has M,S,XS size pillows. The straps are identical size; the only difference is the colour (grey/pink vs grey/blue).

Thanks, I'm using the Medium (largest in the kit I have), I'll see about ordering a Large to try. it is the bottom of my nose, the area of skin between my nostrils that gets incredibly sore.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Finally got my machine today - as expected, ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset. Set in CPAP mode to 8 pressure for compliance study. Got the heated auto climate hose, the included humidifier, etc. all the goodies but the Hypoallergenic filter.

Per suggestions, got a size LARGE pillow for my ResMed P10. Wow - on a quick trial what a difference! Also got a Respironics Wisp nose mask, so I have 2 to try. Couldn't get a ResMed N10 to seal at all, and the air blowing in my eyes was annoying. The Wisp seems OK, but I am going to try the P10 with the large size pillows first.

Have the software and manuals thanks to this board, and anxious to get this problem fixed. Thanks all for the help, so far.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
We're waiting with baited breath to hear how you come out Dave. In the AM, come back with your actual numbers if you can OA's vs CA's --- that sort of stuff. I would wish you good luck, but I don't need to. You're got a great attitude so you're bound to be successful.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 07:28 PM)parkerdt Wrote: Yes. 8 was the lowest pressure during my titration that I was able to maintain 0 events. They want me to do that for 90 days, and then review the data to set new upper/lower limits. I suppose this makes sense, but isn't an auto machine supposed to do this all for you?

Thanks all for the replies and welcomes!

(05-14-2015, 07:22 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: I'm new too, waiting for my titration and to see the doc in early June. I found out today my dentist has a cpap (he said it took him about a week to get used to it).

Did the doc explain why he was starting you on straight pressure and not the auto? I'm just wondering what the thinking is.

well, they can review the data all they want to in 90 days and it will show some things like flow limitation etc. but it won't show them what the top number should be. Seems to me it would be smart(er) to trial 30, 60 or 90 days on auto so they can see pressure needs to help determine the upper number. I don't know how they will retrieve your data but after 6 or 7 days, some data won't be available any longer (at least with the S9) but that may be different on your machine since it has a modem. Others that have your machine can help answer that question

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2015, 07:04 PM)retired_guy Wrote: We're waiting with baited breath to hear how you come out Dave. In the AM, come back with your actual numbers if you can OA's vs CA's --- that sort of stuff. I would wish you good luck, but I don't need to. You're got a great attitude so you're bound to be successful.

I really hope you mean bated breath R-G! Mrs R_G would probably have a thing or two to say otherwise!
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, so - not sure what numbers you all would like to see, and the data is somewhat contaminated by playing with the two masks and the new machine (lots of on/off events); But:

I got 4.8 hours before removing the mask night 1. AHI 4.8

Several hours later I put it back on, for a total of 5.4 first night. Second session was less successful; overall number for the night went to 7.6 AHI. It did not feel like I had a good seal, and
in fact, sleepyhead admonished me for leaks.

Up a few times, playing with humidity and temp, and the good news is the P10 with Large pillows is WAY more comfy than the mediums at my sleep study. Night and day! The A10 machine seems better, too - quiet and a lot more comfy with warm wet air.

Still I'd have to call the first night a success. Even my dog didn't attack the mask. Smile

Going to try the same setup tonight and see what is what. Nose is a tad sore and swollen, but tolerable at this point.

My wife did notice some open mouth events - the noise is a giveaway. Did not have this issue at my study.

As I say, to me, it seems good for night one. ResMed had my data online by the time I finished breakfast, as well.

My morning blood sugar was nicely down - averaging 127 and this AM 110. That's huge. Taychcardia also much less. - had some intervals of low 80s resting heart rate. All good numbers.

thanks,
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 134 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 494 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,021 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,556 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 996 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 456 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 426 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.