Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member Here
RE: New Member Here
Here's what SleepHead said:

Average Hours per Night 05:09
Compliance 100%

Therapy Efficiacy
AHI 7.57
Obstructive Index 6.41
Hypopnea Index 0.19
Clear Airway Index 0.97

Leak Statistics
Average Leak Rate 7.33
90% Leak Rate 18.00
% of time above Leak Rate threshold 2.28%

Pressure Statistics
Average Pressure 8.00
Min Pressure 8.00
Max Pressure 8.00
90% Pressure 8.00
Post Reply Post Reply
New to the Board, but have been Dx with OSA for almost 5 years. I've been compliant. Now to find out what I'm doing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2015, 07:18 PM)parkerdt Wrote: Here's what SleepHead said:

Average Hours per Night 05:09
Compliance 100%

Therapy Efficiacy
AHI 7.57
Obstructive Index 6.41
Hypopnea Index 0.19
Clear Airway Index 0.97

Leak Statistics
Average Leak Rate 7.33
90% Leak Rate 18.00
% of time above Leak Rate threshold 2.28%

Pressure Statistics
Average Pressure 8.00
Min Pressure 8.00
Max Pressure 8.00
90% Pressure 8.00

It looks to me like you should sneak the pressure up just a little. I'd rather you were on a nice, well restricted range such as minimum 7, maximum 12, but I'd settle to see you stay on CPAP and increase it to 9. Then run a couple of days and see where you're at.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome! I am pretty new to therapy and also am a number freak so I love digging into the data. I am still trying to get the masks to fit (DME gave me incorrectly sized masks) so I fought needlessly trying to get a too big mask to fit. I am currently on the Wisp and I get no major leaks most of the time.

I wish you the best with your therapy!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. 8 did it for me in my sleep study, but obviously a different machine, and the medium sized pillow for the P10 rather than large, and no wine before bed. No EPR on the Sleep Lab either, so in trying to reproduce what I saw on my sleep study, I turned that off too. Last night was 6.0 AHI, so a step in the right direction. Gonna try the medium size nose pillows for the P10 tonight, and see if I tolerate them better than at the sleep study. If not, it's back to the large, and will try a chin strap as well. Try to get rid of some of the mouth leaks.

I am changing one thing at a time. When I prove to myself I can't find a way stay under 5 AHI, I'll up the pressure. Smile Even where I am now, 6.0 vs 67 AHI in my study, I feel better, so we're on the right path, I think.

thanks,
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
You're right about the changing one thing at a time Dave. Good plan. I think if it was me, I would leave the pillows alone for now, and sneak the pressure up a little. You're at 8? I'd go to 9.

I just noticed I said that last time. I think maybe I'm beginning to sound like a broken record. But that's still what I'd do.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also I suppose what my ResMed S10 calls 8 could be somewhat different from the Sleep Lab's Respironics 8, eh? Sure feels like less air blasting here at home.

Thanks for the suggestion of going up to 9. Smile I'm not ignoring it, I promise you - just trying to get to a baseline "goodness". 8 did it for me at the sleep study, so the engineer in me wants to find out why 8 doesn't work as well at home.Smile Thus the medium pillow - it is the last variable I can control with a difference from the lab.

Dave

Post Reply Post Reply
Very different. Very much simply because of the environment. Sleep lab tests in their bed, at home actuals in your own bed. The lab numbers just give us a good idea of what's going on as a starting point.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was much better. Started off with the Medium-sized pillows in the mask, but they hurt like heck after 2 hours, as expected. switched back to the Large, and noticed where a significant leak was happening. Fixed that, and my numbers remained similar through the rest of the period.

Six hours is about all I can stand currently, but at least I am tolerating that well. Here's the report:

AHI 2.94
Obstructive Index 1.73
Hypopnea Index 0.00
Clear Airway Index 1.21

Leak Statistics
Average Leak Rate 6.19
90% Leak Rate 13.20
% of time above Leak Rate threshold 0.37%

Pressure Statistics
Average Pressure 8.00
Min Pressure 8.00
Max Pressure 8.00
90% Pressure 8.00
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Parker, you're doing well. Keep up the good work. Basically what has to change now is the "Six hours is about all I can stand currently" to "I slept x hours and loved every minute of it." You'll get there. Probably when you up your pressure just a tad............ Yeah, yeah, I know.... Broken record. Naggie Mom... All of that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 135 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 495 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,022 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,557 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 996 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 456 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 427 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.