Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member Intro. Hi!
RE: New Member Intro. Hi!
Hi Sabina,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with your CPAP therapy and getting your settings dialed in.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Sabina, hi and welcome to the Apnea Board. Hope your success is quick. I'm one of those high central apnea guys, I know by experience that getting an ASV is tough so I hope an APAP does its job well and you won't need anything else after APAP is optimized for yourself.

I'll check in once you've got an OSCAR chart up. I'm certainly not a chart guru, but I'll help however I'm able.

As for how AHI over 5 can be declared doing well? Some associated with diagnosis tend to have blind spots in certain areas and on certain subjects. What they see is either what they want to see or they can't see anything. Then folks on Apnea Board come along and help those that want to see the whole picture.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The first thing the woman who did my sleep study said to me was “You are your own best advocate, so make sure to learn what you need and don’t take no for an answer” She was a hot ticket.

I’m hoping to have stuff posted on Saturday. Thanks for everyone’s input. This is such a fantastic place.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2020, 01:15 PM)bonjour Wrote: That is why we like to see the whole, complete sleep study.

It seems that if there is ANY OSA a diagnosis of OSA is applied.  That leaves no doubt that you will be initially assigned a CPAP/APAP which have the same insurance billing code.  A diagnosis that indicates centrals would indicate that the doctors need to pay attention.  I swear that most doctors do not look beyond the diagnosis provided by the sleep lab which rarely mentions any central apnea.  

Some countries will not treat apnea unless the AHI greater than 10 or 15, at AB we like to see it well under 5.

I like optimization. That’s why I’m here. I need my life back. 

It looks like she did exactly what you said. Fortunately she is very good at letting me drive my own care, so there’s that. I can just form my case and ask, she’s always agreeable.

I get a copy of the actual RX tomorrow, though my patient portal says:

CPAP 12cm/h20 nasal at bedtime 365 days.   Oh-jeez

I’m surprised so many people out there just accept what they’re given without question, so it’s enlightening to find a place where so many people are active in their own care.

It’s gonna be a rough couple of months. Thanks so much for the feedback and advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Things have been going well. Here is my sleep data from two nights ago.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I posted the night before last as that has been my worst night in a week (not that it’s bad). Most nights my AHI is about 0.5. I feel pretty good!
Post Reply Post Reply
How you feel is the key piece of information with numbers this good. So glad things seem to be on a good track.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on your success. I hope it'll continue to do well for a long time.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 139 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 498 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
  Some advice with aperia and intro cpap kit ifsmithy 2 310 12-18-2023, 12:42 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,025 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,560 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 1,013 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 458 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.