Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member - Just Started With APAP
Interesting. I was unable to complete the split study during my night in the sleep clinic due to inability to tolerate the masks that they tried on me. That may have been revealed if I had been able to complete that and have it evaluated.

Let's see what happens as I acclimate to the machine.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
I switched to the P10 mask and I'm getting a better fit and feeling more comfortable. Here's my data for last night. I also adjusted the pressure range to 7-10 since it seemed like I was spending a lot of time at max of 9.

[Image: hkBRC3tl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
This is an improvement, however most of our events remain CA with some hypopnea. I don't think you should use more than a max pressure of 9.0 and I can see an argument for a fixed pressure of 8.0. Higher pressures can increase your CA events. Note that every single event you scored here, occurred when pressure was above the dotted red line. Just because you can use auto pressure, doesn't mean you should. Fixed CPAP may be your friend.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP vs APAP Phatkid77 6 250 08-15-2017, 10:45 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Introduction - new member nathanoj 10 226 08-15-2017, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Weinmann / Löwenstein Prisma 20A Auto CPAP: APAP settings: standard vs. dynamic Costas P 1 266 08-14-2017, 02:02 PM
Last Post: yrnkrn
  Questions to Resmed Airstart APAP discontinued production. sharp56 9 341 08-12-2017, 12:55 PM
Last Post: tedgreen
  Guide to choosing APAP machine slarai 4 206 08-12-2017, 11:01 AM
Last Post: tedgreen
  Question about APAP machines and sensitivity to hypopneas slarai 4 237 08-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Help! started great, now poor rorielly 12 393 08-08-2017, 10:28 AM
Last Post: mraroid