Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member Looking for Help
RE: New Member Looking for Help
The night look very good with the new settings. I hope as you get use to these settings you will sleep through the night.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2020, 08:04 AM)staceyburke Wrote: The night look very good with the new settings. I hope as you get use to these settings you will sleep through the night.

Yes, I agree, the new settings seem spot on for the respiratory issues. Thank you for the recommendation !
Post Reply Post Reply
These are very good results, I'd stick with these settings. See if your fragmentation lessens as your body gets used to excellent treatment of your apnea. On PLM that is frequently treated with meds.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2020, 10:34 AM)bonjour Wrote: These are very good results, I'd stick with these settings.  See if your fragmentation lessens as your body gets used to excellent treatment of your apnea.  On PLM that is frequently treated with meds.

Yes I agree, thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good info here on PLM: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...light=plms
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2020, 01:29 PM)Bobaloo Wrote: Good info here on PLM: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...light=plms

Thank you so much!  Really starting to dig into this.
Post Reply Post Reply
With your new settings, we can see the pressure stays nearly steady through the night. This greatly reduces sleep disruption, and the efficacy is very good. Flow limits have dropped from a 95% of .28 to nearly nothing compared to your original post and your minute vent and tidal volume have increased. This looks like optimized therapy and should work out a lot better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Do you recommend I seek out a neurologist for the PLM?"

I really can't say. I had a neurologist sleep doc that ignored my central apnea, plm and complaints about rls. it looks like little is known about rls/plm and in my limited experience finding something effective requires some trial and error. I've had better if partial luck with my general practitioner but I wouldn't discourage you from seeing a neurologist. let us know if & how you find relief from fragmented sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2020, 03:13 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: With your new settings, we can see the pressure stays nearly steady through the night. This greatly reduces sleep disruption, and the efficacy is very good. Flow limits have dropped from a 95% of .28 to nearly nothing compared to your original post and your minute vent and tidal volume have increased.  This looks like optimized therapy and should work out a lot better.

Many thanks Sleeprider! I really appreciate all the time and effort all the members have taken to review my data and provide me with recommendations.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2020, 03:41 PM)sheepless Wrote: "Do you recommend I seek out a neurologist for the PLM?"

I really can't say. I had a neurologist sleep doc that ignored my central apnea, plm and complaints about rls.  it looks like little is known about rls/plm and in my limited experience finding something effective requires some trial and error.  I've had better if partial luck with my general practitioner but I wouldn't discourage you from seeing a neurologist.  let us know if & how you find relief from fragmented sleep.

Will do. Medical where I live isn't the greatest I'm afraid. I have the VA as my primary care and that has been challenging at times. I get a new Doctor every year, so no consistency. The sleep clinic was almost worthless. Took me 2 months to get my report and that was after raising it as an issue to management. Several errors in the report and no follow up. I do have good health insurance and can supplement the VA with private care which I do when I need to. If I cant find anyone local who specializes in PLM, perhaps I will go to the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale. I think I need to do what I have to to improve my sleep and quality of life.

Thanks so much for your input!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 495 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,023 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,558 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 998 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 456 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 429 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.