Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member - Looking for help analyzing my sleepyhead data
New Member - Looking for help analyzing my sleepyhead data
[attachment=4364]

Hi all - I've been a bipap user for six years but just discovered this group and sleepyhead software.  I see my sleep doctor once a year and tell him I'm tired all the time and wake up with extreme dry mouth.  He gives me a different mask and says he'll see me next year.  My last visit he gave me an Airfit P10 nasal pillow mask and a chin strap which I really like much better than a full face mask.  I also tape my mouth which now stays in place much better than it did with a full face mask.  Problem is I still get dry mouth and my AHI is greater than 5.  I can't remember what my original sleep study revealed but do know that the doctor said it was extreme sleep apnea.  The welcome screen says I'm having major mask leaks and not sure how to fix that.  I have no clue how to analyze all the data so would appreciate any thoughts and comments.  Hopefully the attachment works.

Thanks,

Labfolk
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Member - Looking for help analyzing my sleepyhead data
Your events are saying you need more pressure. Is there a reason that you are not using auto mode?
I'm thinking 10-21 PS=4 in auto mode.

Otherwise try bump by 1 cmw (14-18).

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I think if you tried a soft cervical collar you might not need the higher pressures. A lot of it looks positional with the chin tucking in that cuts off your airway. I'd also try reducing your PS to 3 to get rid of the CA events.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the reply.  The doctor had my supplier set the machine at the current setting based on a sleep study last year.  I wasn't aware that I can change the setting.  Can I do that without talking to the doctor?
Post Reply Post Reply
Go to the very top and click on Setup manuals.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2018, 01:13 PM)labfolk Wrote: Thank you for the reply.  The doctor had my supplier set the machine at the current setting based on a sleep study last year.  I wasn't aware that I can change the setting.  Can I do that without talking to the doctor?

From the Wiki

Contrary to popular belief, it is not illegal for Sleep Apnea patients to change pressure or to make other adjustments to their own legally-obtained CPAP machine. On Apnea Board we believe patients are their own best primary care provider - that nobody else is looking out for the patient's health and well being as much as the patient. We think Sleep Apnea patients should be trusted with the knowledge of how to adjust the pressure settings on their own CPAP machine. Of course, we always recommend consulting with a qualified sleep doctor before making any changes to sleep apnea therapy - that's simply common sense.
  • To obtain a Clinician's Manual or Setup Guide (with instructions on how to change pressures on various models of CPAP), go to our CPAP Setup Manuals Page
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi labfolk,
WELCOME! to the forum.! Good luck as you continue your CPAP therapy.
You have come to the right place for guidance with getting your machine fine-tuned to meet your needs.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help Analyzing Oscar Data sillyzippy 10 550 02-17-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 495 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,022 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,558 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  Help analyzing OSCAR - Sent by beerdujour spaceodyssey 17 1,016 10-18-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: spaceodyssey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.