Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member - Mild Apnea. Do I need CPAP?
RE: New Member - Mild Apnea. Do I need CPAP?
(02-27-2017, 02:20 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Oh, sorry. WRT = with regard to

Lol. I am not hip to those abbreviations! 

Did you start right off the bat at the pressure you are at now, or did you slowly increase it? 

Also, I see you have the dreamstation auto. I was thinking about that choice, but the Resmed s9 autoset is less and seemed to be just as good. Does your display screen tell you your AHI index every morning? And can your machine tell you through the display if you have any central events? 

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Rx is a fixed pressure of 5. But my dr sucks, so now I'm experimenting to see what my body actually needs. I was air-starved at 5, even though it did significantly decrease my AHI. 5 pressure decreased my AHI from 7.6 (untreated) to 1.1. But doing the 6-12 pressure has decreased it further, to .8

Upon waking, my screen just says (basically) "nice goin'". If I click and turn the dial, it'll show me my AHI for that night, the avg of the last 7 days, and the avg for the last 30 days. Another turn of the dial shows 90% pressure, periodic breathing, hours used that night, etc.

I'm not aware of the screen showing events. I've only seen that via my Sleepyhead software on my computer, when I've downloaded the data from my SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2017, 04:57 PM)Snorilla Wrote: Well that price would bring it back into my fold. Does it tell you if you have central events? and if so will it tell you on the screen? Thanks.

Yes, the Dreamstation Auto is fully data capable, and it does show CAs in Sleepyhead, as well as Dreammapper, which is an app, that connects your machine to your smart phone, using bluetooth. Dreammapper isn't the best, but it's better than nothing. It does not show CAs on the info screen however.

On a different note, I saw where it might be possible to use a work around, to run Sleepyhead, on a Chromebook.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2017, 06:01 PM)Hockenberry Wrote: [quote='Snorilla' pid='193523' dateline='1488146226']

Well that price would bring it back into my fold. Does it tell you if you have central events? and if so will it tell you on the screen? Thanks.

Yes, the Dreamstation Auto is fully data capable, and it does show CAs in Sleepyhead, as well as Dreammapper, which is an app, that connects your machine to your smart phone, using bluetooth. Dreammapper isn't the best, but it's better than nothing. It does not show CAs on the info screen however.

On a different note, I saw where it might be possible to use a work around, to run Sleepyhead, on a Chromebook.

------
But it does show CA info in dreammapper? 

If you find out more re chromebook and sleepyhead, please let me know. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2017, 04:19 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: My Rx is a fixed pressure of 5.  But my dr sucks, so now I'm experimenting to see what my body actually needs. I was air-starved at 5, even though it did significantly decrease my AHI.  5 pressure decreased my AHI from 7.6 (untreated) to 1.1.  But doing the 6-12 pressure has decreased it further, to .8

Upon waking, my screen just says (basically) "nice goin'". If I click and turn the dial, it'll show me my AHI for that night, the avg of the last 7 days, and the avg for the last 30 days. Another turn of the dial shows 90% pressure, periodic breathing, hours used that night, etc.

I'm not aware of the screen showing events. I've only seen that via my Sleepyhead software on my computer, when I've downloaded the data from my SD card.

Ok thanks. That helps a lot!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2017, 11:46 PM)Snorilla Wrote: But it does show CA info in dreammapper? 

If you find out more re chromebook and sleepyhead, please let me know. Thanks.
Yes, it does show CAs and other apneas. Do a google search for Dreammapper.
I did a google search for windows programs on Chromebook, turns out I spoke to soon, it is a possibility, but not for a while.
Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2017, 11:18 PM)Snorilla Wrote:
(02-25-2017, 11:10 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Snorilla,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I want to encourage you to  Try it, you might find that getting your mild sleep apnea treated with CPAP therapy will help you.
Good luck to you as you start your CPAP journey.

Thanks for the welcome! 

I was on the fence, but now I am thinking I probably should. Can I ask if it is uncomfortable trying to exhale while wind is shooting down your throat? 

Thanks.

With my ResMed AutoSense 10 I can set what's called the EPR to a level of 3, which means the pressure on exhalation is cut 3 full units (cm/H2O) which is a pretty significant pressure relief. I need this sort of relief to feel comfortable and my numbers are better with maximum relief than with a reduced EPR, but people are different in how they respond to EPR.

The short answer is with the right machine and the right settings you would not need to exhale against full pressure.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like you are on board. But just in case, I'll add my circumstance.

I was diagnosed with an AHI of 5. My doc suggested positional therapy at first. But I know I move around a lot and have trouble sleeping on anything but my back. Plus, I happened to have a machine that my son used briefly. So I went ahead and started CPAP. It made an immediate difference. I was significantly more refreshed when waking up. I'm still working on getting things completely right, but it did make a big difference. Just give it a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone for all your responses, it truly has helped me much!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 139 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 617 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,062 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Central Sleep Apnea, CPAP, and rough early mornings middleraven 4 387 02-02-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: middleraven
  Sleep apnea monitors without cPAP LVH115 14 959 01-17-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 494 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 498 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.