Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member - Mild Apnea. Do I need CPAP?
RE: New Member - Mild Apnea. Do I need CPAP?
The main reason you can find the S9 cheaper is that is it a generation old, the current model version is 10.  That said, the difference is mainly cosmetic unless you get a newer one with the For Her / Soft mode.  The S9 is still a very solid, capable machine and a good choice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2017, 04:03 PM)Hockenberry Wrote: Quote:

The price of the S9 with the attached humidifier was very close to the Phillips without it, so that pretty much ruled out the Phillips for me. The S9 Autoset is looking like a strong contender. I know it can detect central events, and am trying to find out if that data can be read from the display. I am pretty sure the ICON won't have that info at all, but am not sure yet.

Hi Snorilla,
I'm pretty new here. I'm throwing in my 2 cents, because I just bought a new Dreamstation Auto. I found it on Amazon, sold by an outfit in Las Vegas, for $440.00, with humidifier, and heated hose, and free shipping, I never saw a data capable Resmed machine, for anywhere near that price. Folks here seem to like both the Phillips, and Resmed machines, however, the price was very important to me, and I've owned two other Phillips machines, so I trusted their quality.

Good for you, for taking the time to research your options, and for finding your way here. Best of luck, with your therapy.

Well that price would bring it back into my fold. Does it tell you if you have central events? and if so will it tell you on the screen? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is not on the screen, but the DreamMapper app/website will show it.  I have not used that in a long time.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2017, 05:08 PM)chill Wrote: It is not on the screen, but the DreamMapper app/website will show it.  I have not used that in a long time.

I finally found this info, so I think I should be set.

http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...er_eng.pdf

Quick question: Does the machine come with the RESCAN software or am I supposed to buy separately in order to read my data?

Again, thanks for answering all my annoying questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, you can get ResScan here if you are logged in.
Go here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AP-machine

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2017, 10:01 PM)Beej Wrote: Actually, you can get ResScan here if you are logged in.
Go here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AP-machine

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep dr said I'm extremely mild, WRT sleep apnea. He didn't even want to suggest I get a cpap; he told me to think things over for a few months, and then let him know what I think. 

I told my sleep dr that I don't think my symptoms will be any better or worse in a few months, and that if my symptoms were bad enough to warrant me coming to him, then I think it was worth exploring further. 

So I got a CPAP, and it has changed my life!  I used to have chronic fatigue... but no more. I used to have such a fuzzy brain (brain fog)... but now no.  I used to need 10 hours of sleep, and then about 4 more hours to actually wake up... now I only need 7.5-8, and I'm ready to go as soon as I wake up!

I'd encourage you to try it. If you've gotten far enough that you're googling it and finding a board like this, then you may as well give it a chance. 
Post Reply Post Reply
 How do you exhale while a wind tunnel is shooting down your throat?

The machine is smart, and knows when you're exhaling, and it automatically turns down the pressure to let you exhale. Crazy cool!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2017, 02:44 AM)Hydrangea Wrote:
My sleep dr said I'm extremely mild, WRT sleep apnea. He didn't even want to suggest I get a cpap; he told me to think things over for a few months, and then let him know what I think. 

I told my sleep dr that I don't think my symptoms will be any better or worse in a few months, and that if my symptoms were bad enough to warrant me coming to him, then I think it was worth exploring further. 

So I got a CPAP, and it has changed my life!  I used to have chronic fatigue... but no more. I used to have such a fuzzy brain (brain fog)... but now no.  I used to need 10 hours of sleep, and then about 4 more hours to actually wake up... now I only need 7.5-8, and I'm ready to go as soon as I wake up!

I'd encourage you to try it. If you've gotten far enough that you're googling it and finding a board like this, then you may as well give it a chance. 

Thanks for the encouragement. What is WRT apnea? 

That is great to hear how much your life has improved.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, sorry. WRT = with regard to
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 134 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,051 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Central Sleep Apnea, CPAP, and rough early mornings middleraven 4 386 02-02-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: middleraven
  Sleep apnea monitors without cPAP LVH115 14 956 01-17-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 491 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 494 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.