Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member - My Story and Questions
RE: New Member - My Story and Questions
I was on cpap and had OK days but more poor days. I switched to apap and I feel way better. Like cured.
Apap is the way to go if you can get it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to ApneaBoard Gunner! You'll get lots of advice here, sounds like you already have!

Good luck with your therapy.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys, thanks for the responses and welcome.

Around 2 weeks in to treatment and so far it's been a positive experience and definite improvement to my life and my partners (snoring reduced to an acceptable level).

I have recently however picked up a sinus/nose/respiratory infection due to me not deep cleaning my water tank sufficiently and also not using filtered water. I've learnt my lesson from this but since the infection my AHI has gone from around 2.5 to closer to 4-5.

I'm still debating whether to invest in an upgrade and switching to a APAP machine as I tend to wake up earlier than I feel is necessary due to my belief that the pressure at that time in the early morning is too high.

I'm still also wondering if my AHI would improve even further if I switched to a full facial mask, as I tend to want to breathe through my mouth at night, yet my AHI figures are still pretty good even with a nasal mask. Can anyone offer any advice and experience from switching to a nasal mask to a full face?

Thanks again guys
Post Reply Post Reply
Gunner,
I prefer APAP, hands down, (unless you need Bi). Been on CPAP since 2003. I always use FFM. Sometimes have trouble getting good seal. Then I switch to RespCARE Hybrid FFM. Much smaller mouth seal area. It's a combination mouth seal/nasal pillow mask. By design it holds mouth closed without need of a chin strap. Might give it alook see.
Cheers,
otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi guys -

quick update. I've been averaging around 1.8-2.0 AHI for the last week or so and it's so fantastic to sleep an entire night without waking up to pee about 7 times - I sleep right through and sleep like a baby. I had a problem recently (aside from the water tank getting grimy issue) where I wore the forehead straps on my mask too tightly and woke up with very severe bruising and marks on my forehead that have only just began to heal, so chalk that one down to another learning experience - I'm sure it won't be the last. Oh, and my C-FLEX auto-check feature has upped my pressure from 9.0 to 10.0 which I think has definitely resulted in a better AHI score.

I was just wondering if my leak rate / volume was normal and if my overall stats were 'normal'? I feel good, just want some kind of confirmation if anyone would be kind enough..

(by the way I don't always sleep for 11 hours a night, more like 7-8 but I was having a bit of a two day hangover Smile)

[attachment=2019][attachment=2020]
Post Reply Post Reply
Your leaks are just fine. Sleepyhead tracks total leaks as well as a baseline expected leak. I would not worry about leaking as a problem unless your total leaks rose above 50-60 and the baseline above 30 or so. You are well below those thresholds for large leak.

Good work in making this work for you. You've come a long way.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Juniper's questions juniper 5 80 7 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 230 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Long story short chronic 5 360 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,014 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 298 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,362 622,198 01-19-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 487 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.