Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member Not getting anywhere
RE: New Member Not getting anywhere
AFM1, it's good to hear which machine you have: "I am trialing a Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset, which has Cpap and Apap but not Bipap."

Does it have an SD card in it? If it doesn't, I'd suggest you get one and stick it in the slot. Then download the Oscar software, import your data from the SD card, and post a daily chart. All the information you need to do this is in the signature blocks of people who have already posted on your thread, but please let us know if you have questions along the way.

As Sleeprider has mentioned, your machine has the ability to drop your pressure when you exhale. This is called EPR (expiratory pressure relief), and it is in effect a bi-level capability. Do you know whether this setting is turned on, and if so, at what level? (It would be 1, 2, or 3.)
Post Reply Post Reply
AFM1, it's good to know you have the ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset. Is there an SD card in it? If not, it'd be good to get one and stick it in the slot.

The you can import your data into the Oscar software and post a screenshot of a daily chart. (If your desktop or laptop doesn't have an SD card slot, you can get an inexpensive SD card reader and plug it in.) You will see links to all the information you need in the signature blocks of the people who have already posted on your thread, but let us know if you have questions along the way.

As Sleeprider has mentioned, your machine has what is in effect a bilevel capability, which is called EPR, for expiratory pressure relief. The machine can drop your pressure by 1, 2, or 3 when you exhale. Is your machine currently set to provide EPR? If so, at what level?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2019, 09:19 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 11:41 PM)AFM1 Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 10:21 AM)Melman Wrote: AFM1, it's not clear what machine you have. Sleeprider's suggestion applies to a Resmed Airsense 10 autoset but you mention an airsense 10 CPAP which is a fixed pressure machine. Your profile lists a Philips Remstar Auto. Please update your profile and clarify which machine you are using.

Sorry for the confusion, I am trialing a Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset, which has Cpap and Apap but not Bipap and after nearly five weeks I am as tied as ever, I starting to wonder if I am on the right machine? and how long does it normally take to feel better as in less tiedness.

This is yet another of those areas that apnea symptoms vary greatly from one to another patient. Some say they start feeling better for CPAP therapy right away and others may not feel the better for it for months. Take into account that you're probably dealing with a circumstance of many months or years without treatment. The body will need time to adjust and heal up.

I knew you were going say that, I can see this is going to be a long hull
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 200 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 535 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,097 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,619 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 1,070 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 495 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 459 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.