Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Auto mode and data versus exact mask
Auto mode and data versus exact mask
I am currently using a ResMed S8 VPAP 25 Auto which the DME set up in (S)pontaneous mode. They also supply me with an F & P Zest nasal mask which is vented. The ResMed VPAP has a setting for the mask in use, Mine is set to Ultra which is the factory setting. Naturally the only masks listed in the selection menu are ResMed masks. Does this setting make any difference for any of the calculated results?

I am also thinking of switching to the auto mode. Again will the fact that the mask that I use is not a choice in the settings menu make a difference in the way the VPAP reacts in auto mode?

My concern is that the exact size of the vents might make a difference to some of the calculated parameters that the VPAP uses or that I want to use once I receive the card reader that I ordered.

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Auto mode and data versus exact mask
Check mask guide and see how Zest vents flow rate compare to Resmed nasal masks vents flow rate
Resmed masks http://www.resmed.com/assets/documents/s...sa_eng.pdf

Probably not much difference. With the S9, Resmed grouped all nasal masks together and "Nasal" is the mask selection (maybe, Standard - S8 equivalent) with couple of exceptions Ultra Mirage and Swift FX Nano

Post Reply Post Reply
The flow rate for the vents on my Zest at my IPAP is 43 l/min and for the ResMed Ultra is 53 l/min. This seems to me like it would make a difference. What do you think?

PaytonA

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2014, 08:01 PM)PaytonA Wrote: The flow rate for the vents on my Zest at my IPAP is 43 l/min and for the ResMed Ultra is 53 l/min. This seems to me like it would make a difference. What do you think?

PaytonA
I would change it to Standard or Activa
Because Resmed nasal masks vents leak rate 45 L/m at 20 which correspond with Zest vents leak rate at the same pressure
S8 report leak in L/s ... 24L/m = 0.4 L/s

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2014, 04:22 PM)zonk Wrote: Check mask guide and see how Zest vents flow rate compare to Resmed nasal masks vents flow rate
Resmed masks http://www.resmed.com/assets/documents/s...sa_eng.pdf

Probably not much difference. With the S9, Resmed grouped all nasal masks together and "Nasal" is the mask selection (maybe, Standard - S8 equivalent) with couple of exceptions Ultra Mirage and Swift FX Nano

I checked the mask guide (thanks for the link) and found that the ResMed Swift mask had the closest vent flow rate to the F&P Zest. I put that in the setting for mask type and this morning read 2.7 AHI for last night. My normal has been in the 5's recently although I do not get around to reading the daily results early enough that the day has not been reset. I do not have a data card reader yet but have one on order. I will see how it goes.

Thanks for the help,

PaytonA

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The setting probably won't have any impact on the AHI reading, or if it does, it'd be minimal at best....Resmed machines use the setting to calculate the unintentional leak rate (total leak rate - intentional (or venting) = unintentional leak rate).
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 246 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Are the ResMed Aircurve 10 S and ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto the "exact same machine"? kkjacks 3 267 02-20-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 620 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.