Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member - S9 VPAP Auto fixed pressure
New Member - S9 VPAP Auto fixed pressure
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am waiting for my RedMed S9 VPAP Auto. My doc prescribed a fixed pressure but I insisted for the auto after reading this forum. I now will have the best of both worlds if needed. Probably going to be set to fixed at first but at least I have the hardware if my needs change. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Member
Hi Smoothly, welcome aboard
Glad you stood your ground and got the machine of your choice
The clinical manual got more information than the user manual that come with the machine, its available via email (scroll to section three to ask for the manual via email) http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

SlepyHead and ResScan software download links
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

For any CPAP/sleep apnea related question, please post in the main forum so it get more attention
Main forum http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-M...oard-Forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Smoothly,
WELCOME! to Apnea Board.!
It's GREAT to hear that yougot the machine you wanted. Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Welcome
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome. One thought to consider? The possible downside to having it in 'auto' all the time is let's pretend your auto settings are 'wide open' 4-20. Then let's pretend that it turns out you really need at least '10' all the time. Each sleep session is a new beginning as far as your machine is concerned, so there will be a period of time every time you go to sleep that your pressure is not high enough, and it will take a bit of time for your machine to raise it to the pressure you need.

So, with respect, after watching your numbers for a few weeks you will start to see a pattern, we'll pretend in this case that you always end up above '9' for the 95 percentile - in which case, I would still leave mine in 'auto', but set the MIN pressure a bit closer, like say '8' or so - that way you will be closer to a perfect pressure faster. Does this make sense?

And, this is another reason for watching your numbers. If we pretend that you set the MIN at '8', and you find that your 95 percentile starts hitting around '8', you may wish to drop it a point and see what happens.

I have learned that when I use nose pillows vs any other mask type, I can drop my pressure by 2 points, no real idea why - it just is what it is.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 141 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,233 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 495 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.