Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member - Suggestions/Comments Please
New Member - Suggestions/Comments Please
Hello - I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea about a month ago. I started using my ResMed 11 last Wednesday. They had set it up as a CPAP with a fixed pressure of 13. I tried this the first night and found it difficult to exhale and I honestly didn't sleep too well. My score that night was AHI at 13. Based on my research here I made some tweaks to my Resmed and changed it to APAP with a low of 4 and high of 13 with an ERP of 3. The next night my AHI was 14. So I kept all the same because I thought I needed to get use to it. The next night my ERP was 21. 

So based on the information I read here I made more tweaks. I changed the Low to 9 the high to 15 and turned off ERP as I was thinking the ramp up was too long and that is why the AHI was not good. I also thought that maybe I had Chin tuck so I switched to a flatter pillow I had. The next night (Saturday) my AHI was 1.49 so the changed really helped. Last night my AHI was 2.01.

I was hoping to get it even lower but you guys are the experts so I'm coming to you for any suggestions you may have to improve the therapy even more. Also, my nose is a little raw after use but goes away later in the day. I had read here there was an ointment suggested for that but for the life of me I can't find that post. What do you do for raw nose holes using the P10?

Here are my charts. I didn't have an SD card until my Saturday use so I don't have the first three days of data.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Member - Suggestions/Comments Please
Sorry but could not find how to edit the post a second time to add my charts the right way. So here you go.

[attachment=48806][attachment=48807]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

Your numbers look real good except for your flow limitations. We like to see the 95% value at least less than 0.10 preferably under 0.05. managing this is best done by utilizing EPR.
Set EPR=2, Fulltime, set ramp pressure =2 to get the value of EPR during the ramp.

Very important now is how you feel. Once numbers are good, your's is, Comfort is King. Note which feels better and why. And let us know.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much. I will try those settings tonight and will report back tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hello.

I have a question related to the latest response.  My 95% flow limitation value is higher than 0.10.  You can see my settings in the enclosed photo.

What suggestion would you make to help bring it down?  

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2023, 11:29 AM)Bravnik Wrote: Also, my nose is a little raw after use but goes away later in the day. I had read here there was an ointment suggested for that but for the life of me I can't find that post. What do you do for raw nose holes using the P10?

I had this problem the first week too. I switched from a medium size pillows to large and the problem went away.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was hoping Gideon would see this and answer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not enough info, please post in a new thread with a full night screenshot
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gideon.  I appreciate your help.

Here is the link to the new thread with the full screen data from OSCAR enclosed.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ittle-high
Post Reply Post Reply
OK So I kicked up EPR to Fulltime and lvl 3. No good for me as my AHI went back to 14. No clue why to be honest. Attached is my result from last night. However, my Flow Rate is .8 with EPR so it went down but my AHI went us drastically. Maybe you can tell why from my chart. Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,928 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 252 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 305 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 288 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 498 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
  Decent - but we all deserve better than that! Suggestions please. CPAPveteran 9 586 12-28-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.