Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member Too (sorry for the double post)
New Member Too (sorry for the double post)
Hi. I'm new here too and appreciate all the information available as well as the encouragement.

Recently went through screening that resulted in a 60+ AHI. The follow up test to figure out the pressure left me feeling so much better that I bought a S9 and used it for the first time last night. This morning the AHI was recorded at 6.8 so there is no doubt in my mind that this therapy is working.

I'm getting a new computer and will get into the software and data analysis soon. It is really exciting to be able to see and feel the benefits.

I'm using a "True Blue" nasal mask and hope to try out the resmed nasal pillows too. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Member Too (sorry for the double post)
Hi busteddrum and WELCOME! to the forum.!
That's good to hear that you are having such GREAT results with your CPAP therapy.
If you decide to try nasal pillows, you might want to get some Lancinoh HPA lanolin cream, (found at most stores in the baby isle,) because sometimes the pillows can cause irritation of the nostriles. You just put a LITTLE bit on a q-tip and swav the inside of your nostriles and you're ready to go.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2013, 09:45 AM)busteddrum Wrote: Hi. I'm new here too and appreciate all the information available as well as the encouragement.
Welcome Well greetings. There's always room for someone new.

Quote:Recently went through screening that resulted in a 60+ AHI.

Oooh that bites.
Thumbs-down-1 My friendly know it all acquaintances never told me my AHI. It was pretty good using a borrowed AutoSet but once I get one of my own I'll foolishly try to find what it really is.

Quote: I'm using a "True Blue" nasal mask and hope to try out the resmed nasal pillows too. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Only advice is to hang around here and don't give up, even at times when it seems discouraging.
Way-to-happy
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi busteddrum

which S9 auto, next to start button would say autoset or escape auto (autoset is full data capable, escape auto is not)

is machine set at 20 as in your profile or on auto with the maximum pressure set 20
Post Reply Post Reply
Your profile says you have the Autoset but that you have it set to a pressure of 20. Is that what you really have it set to?

When you had the sleep test, what did they determine was your best pressure or pressure range?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Trish & Ugly, thanks for the welcome.
Zonk and Paula, Please forgive my ignorance. I just got the machine yesterday and am really new at this. Here is more accurate info:

Resmed S9 AutoSet with Epr
min/pressure=4
max/pressure=20
Pressure=12.3
(just got a copy of the prescription in the mail today; pressure=13)
EPR=Full
EPR level=2
Leak=7 l/m
AHI=5.7

I got the S9 used from second wind with 290 hours on the clock. They did not include the SD card but I had a 2g extra that I will use. They included the climate line tubing.

on the screen it said VID=1 and RID=100. I have no idea what that means. When I get my computer situation sorted out the various software will be installed.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2013, 04:14 PM)busteddrum Wrote: on the screen it said VID=1 and RID=100. I have no idea what that means.
Thanks
congrats, you,re doing very well for first night specially with leaks 7l/min ... keep up the good works

the machine came with default setting 4-20
your prescription pressure 13 is close to last night 95 percentile 12.6
you can use the machine at fixed "prescription" pressure or on auto 2/3 cmh2o below and above 13
btw whats was AHI for the night and how many hours slept

SW : Displays the current software version.
BID : Displays the boot loader ID.
VID : Displays the variant ID.
RID : Displays the regional variant ID.
HID : Displays the humidifier software ID.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2013, 04:14 PM)busteddrum Wrote: Resmed S9 AutoSet with Epr
min/pressure=4
max/pressure=20
Pressure=12.3
(just got a copy of the prescription in the mail today; pressure=13)
EPR=Full
EPR level=2
Leak=7 l/m
AHI=5.7successful

Sounds like your doctor has prescribed a fixed pressure of 13.

I suggest you inform the doctor you have an APAP machine and request your doctor to change the prescription to a range both lower and higher than 13.

Or if doctor doesn't want you to use a range starting lower than 13 for some valid reason (unlikely), I suggest you ask for a range at least on the upper side (i.e., "13-17 with EPR set for Patient control").

Quote:on the screen it said VID=1 and RID=100. I have no idea what that means.

VID= Variant ID
RID= Region ID
(No reason I know of to pay attention to these. )

Again, welcome to the forum!

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info.
I am playing catch up learning about this machine. The firmware of my machine is version "903". From what I have been reading there have been at least 2 upgrades (904 & 905) and maybe a 3rd 906. When I purchased the used machine from 2nd wind, I asked them if it was the latest version and they said that it was. I have also read that the 904 upgrade was significant to the operation. Now I am in a quandary whether to send it back and spring for a new version, what that version is, and how to insure that is what I get. Any advice?
Thanks again for all the help.

Update:
I have read more about this and am thinking that the 903 version will be fine. I am not one to split hairs and the machine is the latest version; ref#36005. I still invite opinions and advice as to any functional differences in the firmware.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2013, 05:32 PM)busteddrum Wrote: Now I am in a quandary whether to send it back and spring for a new version, what that version is, and how to insure that is what I get. Any advice?
Thanks again for all the help.
mine 602 purchase Nov 2210.
the first two numbers of the serial number denote country of manufacture (22 Australia - 23 Singapore) and the next two numbers: year of manufacture

yours is very good unit with low hours and probably have all the upgrades
if anything significant would be an S10

mine an older S9 but the newer ones are just the same machines with few minor changes such as smart/start with full face mask, resmed logo ...

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 157 6 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 626,002 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 188 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,835 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 172 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 271 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.