Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member...also New to SA
New Member...also New to SA
Hi,

I am new to apneaboard, as well as Sleep Apnea in general. I was diagnosed with Severe Sleep Apnea in late January, after an At-Home Sleep Study (AHI 54). I was asked to come in for an in-lab study/titration early March. I finally received my ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (with heated hose) on March 18. I am using an AirFit F30 (Medium) FFM, and have been enjoying the fit and feel of this mask so far. 

I just discovered this forum earlier this week, and am thankful for the amount of information available here. Unfortunately my ResMed machine did not come with an SD card, and through this forum I discovered the data capabilities with an SD card inserted. Just last night, March 28, I collected my first full data set from my machine. 

I am attaching a SH screenshot, and would love any recommendations to bring back to my Dr. 

Thank you. Smile

[attachment=11027]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Member...also New to SA
Welcome to the forum! Lots of very knowledgeable members here. 

One of these days, I'm gonna have to learn how to post a screen shot.  Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
First up, a big welcome.  Second, your stated AHI reduction during treatment is superior.  Well done, and you have been well served so far by several people.

The black RERAs and the one or two obstructives come clustered, as you can plainly see.  This almost always suggests a matter of sleep position...or rather, where your head is in relation to your chest.  It means tucking your chin down as you relax, most often on your back, but it can also happen on your side.  Tucked chin means restriction of flow, and eventually the machine bumps the air volume to overcome what it thinks is your windpipe closing off.

If this becomes a problem, if it gets worse, perhaps a foam cervical collar will help to keep your chin up higher.  Many CPAP users have to use one at times, or every night, and for the very same reason.

Bottom line, though, if this one data set is going to be representative, you're doing enviably.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Big Guy and mesenteria for your welcomes. 

I am attaching a SH screenshot from last nights sleep, as my MyAir numbers last night were more along the average of what I have been seeing, so I feel that this may be a better representation of my average night of sleep. Smile 

I am usually a side sleeper, at least that is how I fall asleep and wake back up...who knows what I do while sleeping. 

Thank you again for the advice. 

[attachment=11032]
Post Reply Post Reply
There is nothing I see that says jump in there and fix that. Your numbers are fine. If you were on a bilevel I would suggest trying a PS (Pressure Support of 4) you are currently effectively at a PS of 3 via the EPR.

How do you feel? Once your numbers are there your comfort or symptoms become far more important than the numbers so again ho do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2019, 01:47 PM)bonjour Wrote: There is nothing I see that says jump in there and fix that.  Your numbers are fine.  If you were on a bilevel I would suggest trying a PS (Pressure Support of 4) you are currently effectively at a PS of 3 via the EPR.

How do you feel?  Once your numbers are there your comfort or symptoms become far more important than the numbers so again ho do you feel?

Honestly, i don't feel nearly as tired as I used to. I am still getting used to sleeping with my device on, but so far, I have been happy with the results and how I have been feeling. I havent been falling asleep nearly as easily while watching TV at night. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome kjvh2004, you came to the right place. For just getting started your numbers look good so keep it up. I think your CPAP experience will be good and the benefits are so important.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Who did you use for the home sleep study? Was it through your doctor? I've been trying to find recommendations for the online-only options but I haven't come across anything yet. I would love to avoid the doctor route because it's impossible to get an appointment with my schedule.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2019, 01:00 AM)cleverprankster Wrote: Who did you use for the home sleep study? Was it through your doctor? I've been trying to find recommendations for the online-only options but I haven't come across anything yet. I would love to avoid the doctor route because it's impossible to get an appointment with my schedule.

I went through my doctor for my at home study. I was still naive at that point, and didnt realize there were other options, but...on the plus side...my insurance (unexpectedly) covered the full cost of the study, and I just had to pay for the interpretation of the results by the Dr. (Which I still need to get a copy of...)
Post Reply Post Reply
That's awesome. I haven't gotten a straight answer from my insurance company if they'll cover the full cost or even what the cost is.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 495 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,022 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,557 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 996 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 456 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 427 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.