Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Commercial featuring a CPAP user
RE: Commercial featuring a CPAP user
Good point Mr. Beans.

If you look at it from the perspective of a person who has never heard of CPAP, they probably wouldn't care or know or care to know what was on the guys face. They might think it was just an oxygen mask. I look at it as just another jab by the advertising world at the "currently safe to make fun of" people. but YMMV.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2015, 07:58 AM)Beans Wrote: I sure don't see it as a poke at CPAP users. It's just way to emphasize the "sleep not sex" joke at the end.

"'sleep not sex' joke"? I assumed they were married. Why would there be anything except sleep?

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2015, 07:37 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: I took it as poking fun and used the CPAP as a prop to relay the message that they were old and tired and worn out. Playing to stereotype.
I'm with you on your analysis. Even more so, it screamed out to me...

...look what happened to your useless husband after having a couple of kids... I guess you can't expect any kids help or personal comfort from him which is typical for a man... and thank goodness moms don't really need help from their husbands

As usual, their target buyer is Moms who have multiple children and maybe lots of them are feeling that way about their husbands after the 2nd or 3rd child. Divorce rates do seem to spike up after 7-10 years of marriage. I'm sure the multimillion dollar ad agency is playing right into those 'feelings'.

As a CPAP user, I'm pretty sickened by the commercial promoting a stereotype that CPAP users are useless at night (for kid care or that other stuff) because of their CPAP technology. I work full-time and I take care of my kids solely for at least 75% of the their free time. I wish I knew who the ad agency was who made that ad.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 436 35 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,489 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,043 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,017 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,593 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 615 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.