Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member from TX
New Member from TX
Hello-been researching and searching here for a cpl weeks and thought I'd join.

Alil about me-51 yrs old, former smoker, and had a Kidney X-plant back in Dec 17, kept telling my Dr's I was tired all the time (slept most of the w/e-couldn't wait to get home after work to crash out on couch-bad bags under eyes I never had before-fell asleep talking on phone a few times-just tired/can't do much) and got winded easy (walking to mailbox/walking to green/in stores ect) and they kept telling me I just need to ease back into it. I'm released to play golf but have only played twice since X-plant as I get wore out quick. My GF's (over time-not at same time, lol) have been telling me/sleeping in other rooms that I snore way bad, a buddy of mine just went through the process of lab testing/getting CPAP and "we" decided I had Sleep Apnea.
Ordered online test form Supplier #10-my AHI is 74.2, ODI 71.9 with Hypoxemia noted. Was real impressed with Supplier 10-ordered last Thurs a week ago, paid alil extra for o/n-rec'd last Fri, had my report last Tues, ordered the Resmed 10 Autoset and had yesterday (after chasing down in Houston cause the FexEx guy didn't knock here-just left note-but that's Fedex). Got the Phillips Amara View mask (based on my buddies experience of going through several) from a local place so they can advise for fit.
1st night last night was different for sure sleeping with mask on, woke up in middle of night biting the mask for some reason. Numbers last night were 9.5 hrs, 5.2 AHI, 18.8 pressure, 17L leakage (gonna have to fix that-as I'm assuming that's bad). total AI 2.4, and Central .6.
Don't really have any questions as I've rec'd a ton of info here from searching, but may in the future. Just wanted to do an intro.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Member from TX
Welcome to Apnea board. Highly recommend you download the free sleepyhead software on the link below. It will give you a lot more detail data from your machine. That will come in handy in the years to come.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
It appears you're getting off to a good start, but I'm wondering why you are not in Autoset mode with a range of pressure, and have picked 18.8 cm? It will help to know your EPR setting and more information on therapy that can be provided by looking at #Sleepyhead detail charts. The software is free and will really help you get on top of the therapy. The objective is comfort and good sleep that happens to have a low AHI.

I think you did well to get started on your own. To have gotten to a test, analysis and dispensing of a machine through the usual channels could have taken months.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2018, 06:33 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: It appears you're getting off to a good start, but I'm wondering why you are not in Autoset mode with a range of pressure, and have picked 18.8 cm?  It will help to know your EPR setting and more information on therapy that can be provided by looking atdetail charts.  The software is free and will really help you get on top of the therapy.  The objective is comfort and good sleep that happens to have a low AHI.  

I think you did well to get started on your own.  To have gotten to a test, analysis and dispensing of a machine through the usual channels could have taken months.

Thx! The machine is on auto set, the 18.8 was what it was showing the in the morning on my sleep report, I assumed that was the avg it was producing.
I just got the machine in late Fri so haven't had a chance to fully review/learn, I plan on adding Sleepyhead this evening after I watch my Chiefs finish off the 49ers-not real computer savy but reviewed the directions and they are really good so I should be able to handle it.
Last night the Velcro tab feel off my mask strap in middle of night (I know, already) so I woke up with it leaking bad and only got 5.5 hrs with it, showed 6.7 AHI, and 18.9 pressure this morning, but I plan to manage it more effectively with Sleepyhead.
Gonna super glue my Velcro back and dl SH and see how I am tonight.
But yea, on my own took a week and a day from having my machine/mask from ordering test, and cost $1210 for everything including overnight fees.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 201 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 535 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,099 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,619 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 1,070 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 495 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 462 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.