Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member - help please with my APAP Settings
New Member - help please with my APAP Settings
Hello guys!

I snore a lot and feel very sleepy even though I had slept for good amount of hours.  I am on a wait list for sleep study, it had been almost two years and I'm still waiting to be called up for an appointment.  So my mom gave me her Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, with a Quattro FX mask because I am a mouth breather.  I have followed the initial settings from what I have read from the posts and I have also read on how to change the clinical settings.

Mode - APAP
Min. Pressure - 7
Max. Pressure - 15
EPR -3
Ramp - Off
Humidity Level - 4

Here is my first night, kindly help me if I need to change the settings.  Thank you so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Member - help please with my APAP Settings
G'day Kiwi cousin!

Before we go any further, your charts included your real name and date of birth. Many people would be concerned about having that information displayed in a public forum, so I have turned the attachments off for now. If you're happy to have those details public, let me know and I'll turn them back on. Otherwise I suggest you upload new copies with your identifying information removed.

Could I also suggest you post a "daily" page from Oscar rather than the long-form report. Instructions are here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization Generally we want to see Event flags, Flow rate, Pressure, Leaks, Flow limitations and Snore.

Two years wait list for a sleep study sounds outrageous. Is that normal for NZ? We're always told how socially progressive you are over there but I doubt if anybody has to wait that long here in Oz.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for doing that DB.  Sorry it was my first post. I will send it again tomorrow. Thanks a lot!  Yes, apparently there is currently a long long wait for semi-urgent ones..
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2019, 06:14 PM)lysander08 Wrote: Hello guys!

I snore a lot and feel very sleepy even though I had slept for good amount of hours.  I am on a wait list for sleep study, it had been almost two years and I'm still waiting to be called up for an appointment.  So my mom gave me her Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, with a Quattro FX mask because I am a mouth breather.  I have followed the initial settings from what I have read from the posts and I have also read on how to change the clinical settings.

Mode - APAP
Min. Pressure - 7
Max. Pressure - 15
EPR -3
Ramp - Off
Humidity Level - 4

Here is my first night, kindly help me if I need to change the settings.  Thank you so much!

Here in Australia I had a home test within weeks of it being arranged, and a couple of months later an in hospital sleep test, I would have thought New Zealand was on par with us in Australia
Post Reply Post Reply
Attached is my first night from OSCAR, all suggestions would be well appreciated so I can somehow change my settings.  Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi guys, I had a terrible night last night.  Feels like I'm too drowsy when I woke up.  Can you please check this one as well?  It's still the same settings, I don't know what happened. This is the 2nd night.

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like you have some positional apnea.  The clumps of Obstructives indicate that you are more than likely sleeping on your back and/or tucking your chin to you chest.  This will cut off your airway.  It’s possible to tuck your chin in a side sleeping position too.  Have you tried a soft cervical collar or other neck/snoring type collars?

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

In the meantime, try bumping your minimum pressure up to 13cm. If you look at your pressure graph, the pressure is pretty much riding the maximum of 15 set. Set your pressure to 13 min and 20 max to see what the machine needs to do. I would also suggest lowering the EPR to 2 to keep in check any clear airways, but you can wait a couple days to see if the pressure change helps.

The increase in pressure should also help with snores and FL, and reras.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2019, 05:17 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Looks like you have some positional apnea.  The clumps of Obstructives indicate that you are more than likely sleeping on your back and/or tucking your chin to you chest.  This will cut off your airway.  It’s possible to tuck your chin in a side sleeping position too.  Have you tried a soft cervical collar or other neck/snoring type collars?

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

In the meantime, try bumping your minimum pressure up to 13cm.  If you look at your pressure graph, the pressure is pretty much riding the maximum of 15 set.  Set your pressure to 13 min and 20 max to see what the machine needs to do.  I would also suggest lowering the EPR to 2 to keep in check any clear airways, but you can wait a couple days to see if the pressure change helps.

The increase in pressure should also help with snores and FL.

thanks so much for your response OpalRose!  I just bought a soft cervical collar, I will try it tonight and i will bring up the settings which you have suggested.

I will post the results in a couple of days.
  Thanks a lot!

thanks so much for your response OpalRose!  I just bought a soft cervical collar, I will try it tonight and i will bring up the settings which you have suggested.

I will post the results in a couple of days.
  Thanks a lot!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi guys!

Happy thanksgiving!

I need guidance on my APAP Settings.  I have increased my settings already and wore a soft cervical collar based on the previous recommendation from OpalRose.  The only problem is, I get woken up in the middle of sleep because of too much air/pressure blowing.  Good thing was my AHI went down already since I started APAP from last week.  Is there anything settings that I needed to change? I'm posting the two recent graphs on the current settings.

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
Shrink the snore and Flow limit charts so they fit on the page. Flow Limits are the prime driver on your pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 139 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 90 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 374 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 577 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 440 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,427 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,152 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.