Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Member, new to PAP
New Member, new to PAP

Just joined a couple of days ago, so hello to all. I'd better add thanks to that as well, as I have learned so much and had many questions answered already. My wife has also been diagnosed and will be getting a her unit i a couple of weeks.
I do have a question even though I have been using my bipap for just of couple of days. Did anyone else, in those first few days of using your machine, feel like you just ran your first half marathon or have been doing deep breathing exercises for a few hours. Not a pain in anyway, just a knowledge that you have done something your not used to. Just curious. As soon as I get a card reader (the new computer did not come with one) I will look at the sleepyhead data.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Member, new to PAP
Hi Capt.Redbeard,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome! Yes, that is a pretty common sensation when getting started. Your muscles have to work a tiny bit harder to exhale against the pressure and you can notice it for a few days. It passes pretty quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Captain, welcome to Apnea Board.

As Chill said, this is pretty common and will pass once you get more used to the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Cap. Welcome to the board.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, and on bad nights, I still feel that way. BUT, it definitely gets better. It is a journey with all kinds of new and strange twists and turns.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks to all who replied. Now, on my sixth day, that sensation is almost gone. Of course is being replaced with other ones but they are related to mask pressure and a 10 foot hose that seems to slip off the mask too easily. Have to find a way to deal with those concerns.
AHI under control at 2.0 or less (last night .087) so I am good in that regard.
Still have a bit of a headache but much less than the first morning after.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've not heard of the hose slipping off of a mask before. Mine have always been quite firmly attached. Just how loose of a connection is it? I am wondering if you have the wrong adaptor for your hose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 135 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 495 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,022 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,557 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 996 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 456 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 427 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.