Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Memeber just saying Hi!
Smile 
New Memeber just saying Hi!
Hello All. Im a new member and a new user. Just recieved and used an ResMed S9 auto set last night, it seemed to go well, I imported my first night sleep into SleeyHead and have a first night AHI of 6.50. Not to bad in my opinion considering I was told by my provider thatI an one of the worst cases they haver seen. I know I have lots to learn and will be lurking and contributing where I can.

Robert.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Memeber just saying Hi!
Hi Robert,

Welcome to apneawhatsits...

6.5 is not bad for openers. Things to watch for are your leak numbers. Try to keep them low, but it's fine as long as they're below 24 or some such. Actually below 10 is a good goal for a full face mask. For the next couple of days pay a bit of attention to how the mask feels. Or to be more precise, how you feel. You don't want it too tight because that will cause pain and suffering. Or too loose because that will cause in-bed tornadoes. So just right.

You mention in your sidebar that your pressure is a set 14? It'll be interesting to see your results over a few days. No changes for now though.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Retired _guy. I am planing on not making any changes for a little while so I have a baseline to work from. I dont think 6.5 is bad for the first night considering my study API was 46.7 that may not be high for some people, but its high for me. Im actually looking forward to bed time tonight.....how strange.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Robert. Your're only the second person I've ever "met" from Alamogordo; the first was a supervisory Border Patrol agent I worked with for a couple of years!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI is not the only thing does matter, good mask fit and how you feel matter too
Welcome aboard and good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2014, 02:34 PM)PollCat Wrote: Welcome Robert. Your're only the second person I've ever "met" from Alamogordo; the first was a supervisory Border Patrol agent I worked with for a couple of years!

Pollcat - Thanks...I think.... :-)

(08-08-2014, 03:25 PM)zonk Wrote: AHI is not the only thing does matter, good mask fit and how you feel matter too
Welcome aboard and good luck

Zonk, you are so right, I simply used it as a quick way to reference........something.....lol
I think its to soon to say with the mask fit, as to how I feel......alive and hope to staythat way for a while longer.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2014, 01:28 PM)rjbar46 Wrote: Im actually looking forward to bed time tonight.....how strange.

THIS! It's not strange. I had gotten into the habit of staying up late to minimize the time I'd toss/turn/wake with a headache because no matter what, I'd still feel lousy! Now I look forward to going to bed at a reasonable hour, getting plenty of amazing sleep with minimal tossing/turning. It's wonderful! Enjoy it! Smile

Sandy
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job and way to be on top of it right off the bat.(BOOM) Most don't try to figure this out until there is a issue and problems. The fact that you knew the machine to get and use the software and are working with the info puts you way ahead of the curve. Keep it up.
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
rjbar46

We will be soon joining you as New Mexicans but we will be up in the Albuquerque area. Welcome to the forum. This is a great place for us somewhat off center hoseheads.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum rjbar46. Good job getting on board so quickly and you have a great outlook. That is half the battle. As Doc J mentioned ... to have a great machine and sleepyhead downloaded already is a really good start. Keep lurking. Glad to have you here.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.