Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New NOVA Sleep Documentary on PBS
New NOVA Sleep Documentary on PBS
A new documentary film, "The Mysteries of Sleep," explores the vital role that sleep plays in neurological development, mental and physical health, and more.

It's on PBS and was quite informative...Worth checking out for sure.

Sleep-well
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New NOVA Sleep Documentary on PBS
You can watch it free online here:

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/video/mysteries-of-sleep/
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the stuff on SWS is particularly interesting.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was going to post this, but you beat me to the punch. Kudos.

Great show on the importance of good sleep. I thought some of the research they showed was pretty interesting too.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2020, 01:31 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: You can watch it free online here:

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/video/mysteries-of-sleep/

Thanks a bunch for posting the link.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2020, 04:42 PM)RayBee Wrote: I was going to post this, but you beat me to the punch.  Kudos.

Great show on the importance of good sleep.  I thought some of the research they showed was pretty interesting too.

I will wait a bit longer after the next episode to give you a chance to post first...LOL

Feel free to leave any additional comments or feedback about the information you found relevant.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, 

I felt like I was having dejavu watching this. Then realised that it is largely the contents of the book 'Why We Sleep' by Matthew Walker. Good book if you are a reader. It's on Google Play as an audiobook if are that way inclined..

Cheers,
D.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to  watch the show again so I brought up YouTube on my Smart TV and searched "The Mysteries Of Sleep". There was a number of shows by that title and they all look good.

I watched two of them and both were good.

I'm sure you could also find and watch them on your PC also.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-29-2020, 03:59 PM)Damiansd Wrote: Hello, 

I felt like I was having dejavu watching this. Then realised that it is largely the contents of the book 'Why We Sleep' by Matthew Walker. Good book if you are a reader. It's on Google Play as an audiobook if are that way inclined..

Cheers,
D.

+1.  It's a fascinating book and clearly written.  I learned a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-29-2020, 03:59 PM)Damiansd Wrote: Hello, 

Cheers,
D.

I will definitely read it...Sounds like a book to read late at night to put you to sleep...LOL

You really can't learn enough about sleeping when you have a sleep disorder (Apnea).

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 808 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,012 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 684 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Home sleep test vs. sleep study at clinic rikkitikkitavi 14 3,202 02-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.