Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New - Need help with OSCAR
RE: New - Need help with OSCAR
Crimson Nape, I guess I don't know how to find the drive. I opened file explorer, then searched for SD card, then for Drives, then for OSCAR and none brought up anything relevant. I'm not very computer savvy, so maybe I just did not understand what you told me to do.

I have to go now for an hour or more, but I will greatly appreciate further input to help me get OSCAR to work for me.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
To help you know what to look for, here is an example of how my SD card appears.  Yours will look different because I'm using Windows 7 and have several extra drives.
[Image: nhDEnDc.png]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't want to confuse this too much, but when you click on the Import SD Card function the dialog will offer to import from the last place it imported data. On a new installation this is your hard drive in the Oscar-Data folder. You need to select the "Specify" option, then click on My Computer and then find the SD Drive. It will usually be D:, E:, or F: depending on your computer and what drives are available. It should be very easy to find and click on the right drive. Once you do this the first time, Oscar will find the reight locaion by default.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have uninstalled and reinstalled OSCAR several times now, but it still doesn't open. Right now I am reinstalling, and I am at the last part where I tell it where to put the file. It has pulled up my computer. I selected Program Files, but again, nothing more happens.

I hoped that uninstalling would eliminate things chosen before, but it does not.

Crimson Nape, I tried finding a page like yours on my computer but simply could not.

This seems impossible. It is apparently easy for others, but I follow the installation instructions exactly, but do not get the same result. I think I simply don't know the workings of my (or any) computer well enough.

Sleeprider, when I go to My computer no SD card information shows up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Deborah, once you have your SD card unlocked and securely in the reader, in Windows 10, go to the small Windows button (also called the "start button") on the far left side of your screen, on the very bottom.

After you click on that button, you'll see all sorts of program menu options pop up.  You may have to scroll down a bit, but look for the one called "Windows System", then click on that one, and you see other options open up below that.  Look for the "File Explorer" option and click on it.  File Explorer will then open up (it may take a few seconds).

Once in File Explorer, look in the left side of that window and you'll see several options, one of which is called "This PC".  Click on that, and it will open up to show you several folders on your computer, including an area that says "Devices and drives".  This is the area where you should see your SD memory card, right next to the icon that says "OS ( C: )".

If you can't see your SD card there, then it's either a problem with your SD card or your SD card reader.

Let us know if this helps you get to the right place.

The compact directions go like this:

Windows Button > Windows System > File Explorer > This PC > Devices and drives
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Super Sleeper, thanks for your reply.  I did what you said and when I clicked on 'This PC', three 'devices and drives' appeared to the right.  They were 'REACHit Drive', 'Windows (CSmile' (which showed the amount of free GB) and 'DVD RW Drive (GSmile'.  That is all.  So does that definitely tell me that there is something wrong either with my computer or with both of our SD cards?  I guess the computer problem seems more likely.

P.S.  Those stupid smiley faces are because when I typed the : and the ), as was the actual correct quote of what I saw on my screen, the system read it as a  Smile.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get a USB based SD reader for under $10 if you need one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Bonjour. It occurred to me this evening that maybe I could set up OSCAR on my husband's laptop (which I don't like to use.) If that is a pain, or does not work out, I'll look into buying a USB based SD card reader. I think I'm slowly getting there. I really want to use OSCAR if I can. I think my therapy is going well, but I'd like to really know so that maybe I can make it better.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm so happy!  I just put my SD card in my husband's laptop, and I was able to set up Oscar quickly and easily!  I got to see last night's page and everything.  I hate using his computer, so I'm going to get a USB based SD card reader as Bonjour advised, then I can do it from here.  When I have the reader I'll send you my (hopefully) correctly formatted daily Oscar page.

YAY!  I wasn't doing anything wrong after all.

Thank you so very much for all your help.    Dancing

p.s.  Should I start a new thread once I'm ready to post my Oscar stuff, over in the regular forum, or should I keep things here?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would start a new thread in the main forum. This forum is more for technical support, not therapy support.
Do include any sleep studies (redacted, we have no need for personal info.)
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.