Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR error reading AirSense 10 Data
OSCAR error reading AirSense 10 Data
Hi,

I've been using Oscar for a long time and it's been great but now I'm having data import issues.
When I tried to import yesterday it seemed like the card was bad, maybe. My PC and Oscar couldn't read it. I made sure it was writable and put the card back in to the CPAP.
Then I upgraded from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1

Today, the PC and Ocsar can see the card but I get an error when I try to import the data.
I'm trying to figure out if it's the CPAP or OSCAR or the SD card.

The error:

Import Problem
Couldn't find any valid machine data at:
F:\

My SD card folders look like:
F:\DATALOG\

and in those, there are set of files like:
20220325_182526_CSL.crc
20220325_182526_CSL.edf
20220325_182526_EVE.crc
20220325_182526_EVE.edf

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR error reading AirSense 10 Data
It could be your card reader or your SD card is starting to go bad. We just had another member that experienced a problem very close to yours. I would suggest replacing the SD card first, and then if that doesn't correct the problem, try another card reader. One of the two should clear up your problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I'll try a new card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello everybody,
I am new to the Forum and just installed Oscar the First Time.
My system: MacOS Montenery, Cpap: Resmed Airsense 10 Elite.

I put the sd-Card into the reader (After installing Oscar and creating a Profile). I am Not sure, I was asked to Choose a folder where to save the Oscar Files. But I found Oscar’s files under „my documents“. So seems to work so…

The software Oscar does Not recognize any data from the SD-Card. It Starts searching for files for almost a minute. Then my Finder/Mac Explorer pops up and wants me to open the data of the Airsense / to tell him where the files are… I can Access the SD Card, but I see the same folder / files mjholdemann described above… But Oscar can’t open any of them…

I hope, someone can help me. How do I change the SD-Card? I mean, someone hast to “configure” the SD-Card (I believe) Can I just copy the data form the old SD-Card onto a different card???

I’ve already tried a different card reader… Didn’t help.

THX…
Greetings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mspeker! - Welcome
To import the SD card's data, you need to just point OSCAR to the card itself. Do not go into any file or directory on the card.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In addition to the DATALOG folder, the SD card should have an STR.edf and Identification.tgt file along with corresponding crc files.

Without the Identification.tgt file OSCAR has no idea what kind of machine it has, and without the STR.edf file, it has no idea of the settings being used.

If those files are missing but the DATALOG folder is present, I'd suggest saving the DATALOG folder and all its contents on you computer, the formatting the SD card as FAT32 and putting it into the CPAP machine. Give it a few minutes to write some files, and then see if the missing files have been recreated.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
WOW. I am so much impressed how fast I got 2 answers!! THX.

I feel so stupid now. This was the solution. "To import the SD card's data, you need to just point OSCAR to the card itself. Do not go into any file or directory on the card." I thought I had given him all possible folders to open... ;-(
One thing was different though. Launching Oscar this morning, it asked me for writing rights in my Downloads Folder...
But now, I see some Data, which I hopefully will understand after some time... Have a great day you two!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 2 87 14 minutes ago
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 6 51 1 hour ago
Last Post: Gep232
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 655 1 hour ago
Last Post: StuartC
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 93 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 62 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 228 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.