Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New O2 Ring owner and OSCAR
New O2 Ring owner and OSCAR
Hello everyone,

I just got the wellue O2 ring and used it for the first time last night.  Very easy to use and not as intrusive as I thought it might be.

I imported the data into OSCAR but wanted to know how would I know if the timing is synced properly as I have read this can be an issue.

Also is it dependent on the person what finger to use the ring on to get the most accurate readings?

tia
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New O2 Ring owner and OSCAR
Hi tcc13!  -  Welcome
The Wellue file indicated start time can be up to a minute after you start it.  Also, due to a CPAP's clock drift, the time differences can be even greater.  Since the Wellue uses the date and time as its filename, OSCAR allows you to rename the Wellue's data filename to aid in a closer match to the CPAP's indicated start time.  Basically, you import your CPAP data into OSCAR, note the starting time(s) and then rename the corresponding Wellue filename(s) to match.  

Here is a link about a NIH study on the SpO2 recorded levels based on the finger.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4627972/

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson.

By changing the file name to the appropriate time as the CPAP machine would OSCAR update it the next time I open it?  Or should I delete the current SPO2 file>rename it>re-import?

Also how would I know by changing the start time of the O2 ring file to match that of the CPAP in OSCAR that it truly would sync up?  My concern is that when looking at the data for flow rate, events and/or pressure and trying to line it up with the SPO2 value it won't be accurate. 

This may seem like a silly question, but how does one try and sync the starting of CPAP therapy with the start of the O2 ring?  Or is that nearly impossible?  Smile

tia
Post Reply Post Reply
You have to purge any existing oximetry data for that day, then re-import the modified filename one.  

Truly syncing the oximeter to a breath-by-breath moment is a fallacy.  Your pulse rate, the distance the blood travels from your lungs to the sensor's location, plus the latency of an oxygen drop after a breath stoppage, make it a relative impossibility.   The last item listed is also dependent on your physical shape and medical history.   You should use the data as an overview.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Crimson Nape. If there a like button I would click it; nay a Love button! Thanks again. Very helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, tcc13  In the lefthand column of OSCAR, if you scroll down, under Session Information, it lists the times and dates of the O2 data it's using.  You can simply uncheck the one that you no longer want to appear in the charts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 8 642 03-09-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,296 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 508 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 10 2,431 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
  Syncing O2 Ring and CPAP clocks coldfeet7 16 1,941 09-27-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  How to set up O2 ring for 2nd user BlueSky1958 8 1,381 06-05-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Syncing Wellue Oxygen Ring with Resmed Machine SleeplessInPain 6 1,342 05-16-2023, 08:22 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.