Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New OSCAR Software update Info?
New OSCAR Software update Info?
I'm curious about how is OSCAR software development/upgrades are coming. 
Are there any expected software upgrades forthcoming?
Fingers Crossed...
Thanks
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New OSCAR Software upade Info?
The team is making progress on bugs and data inconsistencies which is helping with the general understanding on OSCAR and will enable future enhancements
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New OSCAR Software upade Info?
(06-24-2019, 09:47 AM)3rdMarDiv Wrote: I'm curious about how is OSCAR software development/upgrades are coming. 
Are there any expected software upgrades forthcoming?

The short answer is "yes". 

The OSCAR team is working very hard towards the next release.  As to when that release will come, it's relatively soon, I think, but exactly how soon is yet to be determined.  Pretty sure that sometime in the next few weeks, they might be beta-testing the next version of OSCAR.  

But again, there's just too many variables to say for certain.  One thing is for sure:   the OSCAR team is working hard every day to address known issues and great progress is being made.  There are currently 57 OSCAR team members (in the AST forum here) not including those in the beta-testing group.  The AST forum has been quite active, with about 3,500 posts since early February when the group started. In addition, they now have their own "issue tracking" (bug tracking) software as well, that helps organize the progress.

The OSCAR project is already way, way ahead when one compares SleepyHead dev work progress to the speed in which OSCAR dev work is progressing.

Perhaps one of the developers can elaborate further on specifics.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New OSCAR Software update Info?
Bug Fixes and a lot of code refactoring or restructuring to be able to fix the issues.

I do not see any new devices in the next release but am hoping to get a few enhancements.

We are talking about an internal consolidation of code which means definite progress.

Preparing a public release takes the developers sway from issues and enhancements to concentrate and test the multi platform installation packages. Even then we miss stuff. OSCAR 1.0.0 was out less than a day before we had version 1.01 on our download page.

My guess would be to try to release in the 6 to 8 month time frame, no guarantees, and we haven't completed our 4th month since release.

Anyone who has C++ experience and wants to join the team is welcome to PM me and help us accomplish even more.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New OSCAR Software update Info?
Super great update...Thanks a lot..! I'm sure everyone appreciates the great work being done as it enhances our quality of life greatly. In fact everything about this board is life changing, even without OSCAR. I think you are changing the way patients view their own therapy and hopefully someday software like OSCAR will be included with every machine issued or sold.

Thanks like Sleep-well
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 173 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 623 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar doesn't update settings kappak 1 278 01-19-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Update? Fixit50 7 547 01-12-2024, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Fixit50
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,009 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.