Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New OSCAR install -- Sessions Copied, Missing Sleepyhead Bookmarks & Notes
New OSCAR install -- Sessions Copied, Missing Sleepyhead Bookmarks & Notes
Trying to migrate my Sleepyhead dataset to OSCAR.
1. Upon first OSCAR install, I was not prompted for Sleepyhead data location; I tried to install OSCAR data in a user-specified directory (not the default suggested by the installer). When I did, I was prompted to start OSCAR, which I did. No prompt for Sleepyhead data.
2. Did an uninstall/reinstall of OSCAR. On second attempt, OSCAR opened up automatically without prompting me for a OSCAR data directory, nor did I get prompted to migrate Sleepyhead data.

I did a copy of the Sleephead backup directory later and it worked. I do not have my Sleepyhead bookmarks/notes. 

Question: Is there a way to import Sleepyhead bookmarks/notes into OSCAR?
(I have make daily notes and bookmarks for the past year and do not wish to loose these records in OSCAR. )
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New OSCAR install -- Sessions Copied, Missing Sleepyhead Bookmarks & Notes
(06-29-2019, 04:44 PM)Clayto Wrote: Trying to migrate my Sleepyhead dataset to OSCAR.
1. Upon first OSCAR install, I was not prompted for Sleepyhead data location; I tried to install OSCAR data in a user-specified directory (not the default suggested by the installer). When I did, I was prompted to start OSCAR, which I did. No prompt for Sleepyhead data.
2. Did an uninstall/reinstall of OSCAR. On second attempt, OSCAR opened up automatically without prompting me for a OSCAR data directory, nor did I get prompted to migrate Sleepyhead data.

I did a copy of the Sleephead backup directory later and it worked. I do not have my Sleepyhead bookmarks/notes. 

Question: Is there a way to import Sleepyhead bookmarks/notes into OSCAR?
(I have make daily notes and bookmarks for the past year and do not wish to loose these records in OSCAR. )

1. is a known problem: if you specify a directory that exists (which happens when you created a user-specified directory), OSCAR does not offer SleepyHead migration.  This is fixed for the next release.

2. occurs because OSCAR remembers the last-used directory and automatically uses the same directory on the next start.

The workaround is to start OSCAR from the command line and specify a directory, which must be in Documents folder, and which does not exist.  In Windows, open a command window, navigate to where OSCAR is installed (e.g., C:\Program Files\OSCAR) and type this command:

Code:
oscar --datadir NewDirName

Where "NewDirName" is the name you want for your OSCAR data folder in your Documents directory.   (If you want it in some other directory, create it first in the documents directory.  Then you can move it later but will have to edit the Registry so OSCAR will know where to find it.)

Note that "--datadir" starts with two hyphens, not one.

You will see the same prompt recommending a folder name (which will now be the one you put on the command line).  Accept it, then you will be asked if you want to migrate your SleepyHead data.

If you are not using Windows, you'll have to do the equivalent on your platform.

I would expect migration to bring over your Sleepyhead bookmarks and notes into OSCAR, but I have never personally tested that.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 49 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 123 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,388 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 321 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 205 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Flow Rate and Mask pressure missing BuzzaJim 9 527 01-30-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 740 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.