Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New OSCAR user, trying to dial in settings
New OSCAR user, trying to dial in settings
Hello, I've been on a ResMed S9 for about 10 years now and, having passed 50, I feel foggy and have very variable energy levels in spite of decent AHI numbers. After doing some reading of threads, I see my flow limitations are frequent even though my events are not. Wondering if experimenting with levels and EPR might give me some positive results?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New OSCAR user, trying to dial in settings
We use EPR to control flow limits. Flow limits are obstructive apnea but not as large or as long. You could move EPR up1 aand see if you experienced a difference. It can go up to 3 however if your body is not use to it could lead to some centrals until your body is use to the new settings.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, I'll give it a try!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, tundranapper. Yes, I would recommend that you experiment with EPR. Start with 1 and see how it goes for a few nights. (With this change, you'll be inhaling at 8.6 and exhaling at 7.6.) If you continue to do well by the numbers, then increase the EPR to 2. After a few more nights, if all is well, go up to 3. Normally the recommendation would be to increase your pressure to make sure your airway stays free of obstruction when you exhale, but you're doing so well that I'd say you can just see how it goes staying at 8.6.

Is your machine an S9 Autoset? If yes, any particular reason you're using CPAP mode?

I notice that your sleep times are fairly short. I warmly encourage you to find a way to get more sleep.

When you next post a chart, could you close the calendar? (Just click on the triangle in the box for today's date.) Also, could you include the following graphs:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Snores
Flow limitations.

You can squeeze them all in by grabbing the gray bars that separate the graphs and pushing them up a little.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's an Elite, not an Autoset. I've played with the levels (blind) over the years due to weight loss/gain, but not the mode.

Thank you, I will try to clean up the screenshots in subsequent posts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 118 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 114 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 225 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 276 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Advice Needed With Settings and Deciphering OSCAR Data WhatIsRemSleep 16 947 02-12-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Smile [CPAP] Hello, newish user trying to get settings dialed in. RustyOs 0 244 02-11-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: RustyOs

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.