Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Open Mouth Sleeping and Pressure?
RE: New Open Mouth Sleeping and Pressure?
Yesterday my right nostril began to develop a lesion, which is probably the result of the Sjogren's. So I decided to change my settings to Automatic 7 to 10 from Constant 9. It was definitely more comfortable, and I had no incidents of waking up to find my mouth open. I don't have the results yet, because the little processor in the F&P Icon is so slow that it takes hours to record the data from the night before. I'll report the results when new information is available.
Post Reply Post Reply
recommend getting a full face mask,
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2015, 06:52 AM)Maudessen Wrote: So I decided to change my settings to Automatic 7 to 10 from Constant 9. It was definitely more comfortable, and I had no incidents of waking up to find my mouth open. I don't have the results yet, because the little processor in the F&P Icon is so slow that it takes hours to record the data from the night before. I'll report the results when new information is available.

Today is my Week 1 anniversary as a CPAP...now APAP...user!

I have so far had two nights using the automatic settings of 7 to 10 instead of the cyclonic fixed setting of 9, and have had good progress! My AHI last night was 1.5, down from 1.7, and my leakage was also reduced to 33 percent from 38. I actually don't know how to evaluate leakage except in a relative sense in that lower is apparently better than higher. Since I switched to Auto the new open-mouth sleeping went away.

The lesion on my nostril is healing, which is also encouraging. Tonight I will try out the Hose Buddy that just arrived today.

My next goal is to wake up feeling rested. Right now I'm exhausted! I need to re-learn how to fall asleep quickly and how to sleep a full eight hours. I would imagine these may become possible when I become accustomed to all this new equipment. This week I also intend to get Sleepyhead going, as I have received a copy of the sleep study and the prescription that the sleep clinic sent.

I would like to thank the moderators and members of this board for their support and educational information. Without your help I wouldn't have understood my options or had access to a clinician's manual in order to take charge of my settings. With your help I believe that I am on my way to compliance and the health benefits of a low AHI. Frankly, I don't understand how anyone could start this process without the help of this board. Thanks again!

Maud
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 31 5 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 371 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 313 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 813 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.