Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Cleaning Machines
Grin 
Cleaning Machines
Has anybody had any experience with any of the cleaning machines. I would like to know about the SoClean 2 - CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer and the Hurricane CPAP Tubing Dryer. Do they do the job and are they worth the money.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cleaning Machines
Hi frankresmeds9,
I don't have the SoClean but I do have the Hurricane CPAP Dryer and I really like it. The heat that comes out of it isn't hot enough to hurt your CPAP parts. Of course, if you wanted to save money and if you have an older CPAP machine, you could use that to dry your hose and mask as well.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I am looking at some day getting the Hurricane but just can't justify the cost. With my machine, I can turn on the Mask Fit setting and let the machine run a bit. It does add to the overall hours the blower is used but doesn't affect your AHI number. Also doesn't help your compliance if you are still tracking that.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you think is in your machine that needs cleaned? The blower unit is an air mover that pulls in filtered air and pushes it through the humidifier and your hose and mask. The SoClean is an expensive device that uses an ozone generator, which is not particularly good for plastic and silicone parts. If you need that peace of mind, fine, but is there a problem that needs this solution? I would keep the mask and hose away from this as I have heard of users experiencing rapid deterioration and color change in those materials.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both the SoClean 2 and just got the Hurricane so I have not had a chance to use it.

There is nothing more convenient than the SoClean - just put your mask in there and it runs on a timer for 10 minutes. What I do not like about it (hence the purchase of the Hurricane) is the smell that it leaves in your equipment. If my hose and cushion deteriorate, so be it - but the smell is awful.

I heard good things about the Hurricane so I can't wait to use it. I probably will end up using a combination of the two.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 219 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,790 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 342 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 672 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.