Machine: F&P Icon Plus Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Integrated in unit;set-at 1 of 7
CPAP Pressure: Was 9, now 7-10
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed
RE: New Open Mouth Sleeping and Pressure?
Yesterday my right nostril began to develop a lesion, which is probably the result of the Sjogren's. So I decided to change my settings to Automatic 7 to 10 from Constant 9. It was definitely more comfortable, and I had no incidents of waking up to find my mouth open. I don't have the results yet, because the little processor in the F&P Icon is so slow that it takes hours to record the data from the night before. I'll report the results when new information is available.
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2015 06:53 AM by Maudessen.)
06-08-2015 06:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
brianwood619 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 16-22cm/h2o
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

recommend getting a full face mask,
06-09-2015 11:42 AM
Maudessen Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: F&P Icon Plus Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Integrated in unit;set-at 1 of 7
CPAP Pressure: Was 9, now 7-10
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed
(06-08-2015 06:52 AM)Maudessen Wrote:  So I decided to change my settings to Automatic 7 to 10 from Constant 9. It was definitely more comfortable, and I had no incidents of waking up to find my mouth open. I don't have the results yet, because the little processor in the F&P Icon is so slow that it takes hours to record the data from the night before. I'll report the results when new information is available.

Today is my Week 1 anniversary as a CPAP...now APAP...user!

I have so far had two nights using the automatic settings of 7 to 10 instead of the cyclonic fixed setting of 9, and have had good progress! My AHI last night was 1.5, down from 1.7, and my leakage was also reduced to 33 percent from 38. I actually don't know how to evaluate leakage except in a relative sense in that lower is apparently better than higher. Since I switched to Auto the new open-mouth sleeping went away.

The lesion on my nostril is healing, which is also encouraging. Tonight I will try out the Hose Buddy that just arrived today.

My next goal is to wake up feeling rested. Right now I'm exhausted! I need to re-learn how to fall asleep quickly and how to sleep a full eight hours. I would imagine these may become possible when I become accustomed to all this new equipment. This week I also intend to get Sleepyhead going, as I have received a copy of the sleep study and the prescription that the sleep clinic sent.

I would like to thank the moderators and members of this board for their support and educational information. Without your help I wouldn't have understood my options or had access to a clinician's manual in order to take charge of my settings. With your help I believe that I am on my way to compliance and the health benefits of a low AHI. Frankly, I don't understand how anyone could start this process without the help of this board. Thanks again!

Maud
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 10:02 PM by Maudessen.)
06-09-2015 09:41 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Bite Guard for Mouth Breathing mcsheltie 11 476 11-29-2016 11:46 AM
Last Post: mcsheltie
  [CPAP] Mouth slips below mask Carbonate 5 251 11-28-2016 07:35 AM
Last Post: jimscott3
Angry [Treatment] Dry Mouth Question Turborob2005 5 305 11-15-2016 10:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mouth Breathing mcsheltie 31 1,021 11-15-2016 08:25 PM
Last Post: chill
Question Dry mouth djamiem 7 309 11-14-2016 08:58 AM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
Thumbsup [CPAP] Mouth Leak? Saskie 5 329 11-13-2016 07:01 PM
Last Post: Saskie
  Not mouth breathing but air leaking between lips Roy289 20 658 11-11-2016 07:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider