Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Oscar User - Can't Import
New Oscar User - Can't Import
Hello there --

I'm trying to import data for the first time into Oscar. The SD card is locked (as in can't be written to) and loaded (as in placed in my computer); Oscar profile created. When I click CPAP Importer a progress bar appears and scans with the words "please insert your CPAP data card," and then a popup to select the directory. I select the Datalog folder within the SD card and [Choose] then all menus close with no import. I've also done the same but actually opening the Datalog folder with the same results.

I'm using an older computer with Windows 8.1. The CPAP is a ResMed H5i. The debug log has the following for each attempt.
79946403: Debug: Adding "" on "E:/" to drivelist
79946403: Debug: Drive list size: 1

Any ideas? And thank you for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Oscar User - Can't Import
Instead of selecting the DATALOG directory, you want to select the directory containing the DATALOG directory - in this case, presumably, the E:/ folder. OSCAR needs the Identification.tgt file and the STR.edf files in addition to the DATALOG directory to gather its data.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi RobertR! Welcome to Apnea Board.
The H5i is usually the Resmed S9's humidifier and not the CPAP model.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello all and thank you for the quick responses.

Pholynyk - I used your suggestion and selected the E:/ folder which does contain the identification.tgt file. There are many *.edf files within the DATALOG folder titled by date, but no specific STR.edf file. Could this be the problem?

Crimson Nape - thank you for the clarification. There are two pieces to this ResMed, one is the H5i and the other is the S9. I was unaware of their independent functions. Thank you for the info.
Post Reply Post Reply
The STR.edf file should be in the same folder as the Identification.tgt file. If it is missing, OSCAR can't determine your settings.

Here is a sample of the files that should be present on E:/
Code:
phil@AmyDee:~/oldphil/ResMed_Data_Files/S9-36005-Autoset_22151785326$ ls -1
DATALOG
Identification.crc
Identification.tgt
SETTINGS
STR.crc
STR.edf
DATALOG and SETTINGS are both folders, the others are files.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Pholynyk.

The card has all items you showed except the STR.crc and STR.edf files. Not sure why these are missing, but your information confirms that is the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
In that case, I would write enable the SD card and copy the entire contents of your SD card to a dedicated directory on your PC's hard drive.  After you copy everything, format the card, using a FAT32 file structure.  "Eject" the card using the command when you right-click on its drive letter in Explorer.   Insert it back in the S9 and let it prompt you to format it again.   After all this, check to see if the missing files are now written.  If so, you could copy them to the directory on your PC, then point OSCAR to this directory to import the data.  

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Crimson. I'll do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Crimson and pholynyk. I wanted you to know that I used the technique suggested by Crimson on the SD card and it worked. All of the data reloaded and Oscar works just fine. Thank you for your help
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 22 3,108 04-14-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Fitbit import to OSCAR ExtremeDeepSleep 4 140 04-11-2024, 07:34 AM
Last Post: ExtremeDeepSleep
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 924 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 240 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 263 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,503 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 340 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.